GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MoH Airborne crashes"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Medal Of Honor: Airborne'.
Sat 20/10/07 at 12:07
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Looking for any ideas to successfully play MOH Airborne without numerous crashes. Have re-installed and updated to version 1.1 of the game, forceware drivers updated etc etc. Campaign one completed successfully, however now crashes in game on campaign two. Frozen screen, unfreezes, blocky graphics, doesn't respond to key presses, screen alternates between black and full display, crashes to desktop and continues to alternate between black screen and desktop display, then monitor switches off!! Is this the usual offering from EA? Bioshock runs perfectly on same machine.

Spec: Pentium 4 3GHz HT, 1Gb RAM, GeForce 7600GT 256mb, 160Gb Hard Drive

Any solutions would be welcome
Sat 20/10/07 at 12:07
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Looking for any ideas to successfully play MOH Airborne without numerous crashes. Have re-installed and updated to version 1.1 of the game, forceware drivers updated etc etc. Campaign one completed successfully, however now crashes in game on campaign two. Frozen screen, unfreezes, blocky graphics, doesn't respond to key presses, screen alternates between black and full display, crashes to desktop and continues to alternate between black screen and desktop display, then monitor switches off!! Is this the usual offering from EA? Bioshock runs perfectly on same machine.

Spec: Pentium 4 3GHz HT, 1Gb RAM, GeForce 7600GT 256mb, 160Gb Hard Drive

Any solutions would be welcome
Sat 20/10/07 at 18:21
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
What kind of graphics card you got?

I'd try get hold on an e-mail address of forum for EA customer support and let them know the problem for a possible solution.
Sat 20/10/07 at 18:54
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks mate, Nvidia Geforce 7600GT card as stated...EA Support Forums are as flawed as the games they develop/produce, not changed since Eidos days in the middle 90's. Can't work out why I played 1st campaign OK then next day...bombed..and no change to PC config
Sat 20/10/07 at 19:45
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Sorry missed that the first read through.

Got the latest drivers for the card?
Tried playing the first campaign again to see if thats working?

Sounds like quite an odd problem.
Sat 20/10/07 at 20:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Latest Nvidia drivers 163.71 installed. I have read that MoH will only accept 162.18 drivers which are two months old and are really not acceptable for such a new game. Tried EA Forums as you suggested and ran their 'System Test'. All passed with flying colours except video drivers section suggested 'keep drivers updated'!!! Impossible, the newest drivers are installed-gives you every faith in EA don't it!! Maybe Forceware drivers 162.18 are what is required to run this game, but I don't think it is necessary to re-install drivers to play each game you have...do you? Thanks again, I shall continue to ponder the problem ...COD2 is better anyway
Sat 20/10/07 at 21:37
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Yeah you would think it would support the latest drivers. You checked for any possible patches on the site?

Silly old EA - I'd take/send it back to where you got it explaining the problem of it not working to get your money back - not really a great game compared to some others.
Sun 21/10/07 at 18:45
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Patched to version 1.1 - the only one available at present. Aegia Phyx engine will upgrade, but game doesn't want to know. Sod's Law - EA again. Won't run without Aegia, but won't run with upgrade. Can't wait for CoD4 - better coding by far...
Sun 21/10/07 at 20:23
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
From what you describe it sounds like quote a low level crash if the signal to the monitor is eventually cutting out. It could be for whatever reason the graphics drivers are crashing. What I'd be tempted to do is try something like drivercleaner and then do a fresh reinstall of the drivers.

A brief look around suggests turning off post processing in the config as well, guess you've tried this?
Mon 22/10/07 at 19:37
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks for the suggestion - it maybe just that. However, again quoting Sod's Law, tried game again yesterday. Ran Bioshock first, no problems-except I can't quite manage to stay alive to finish off Fontaine. Then ran MOH and it ran no problem through an entire level. Now, what can you deduce from that!! Will try your idea though, can see where you're coming from. Ta
Tue 23/10/07 at 22:43
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just an update to this MOH problem. Thought I'd try Garin's suggestion about post processing - set at simple so changed to off. Ran MOH last night. Loaded EA screen, bombed at menu screen, bombed machine - then began a most bizarre evening. Switched off machine, turned on and coloured code streaming down the screen - 10 month old graphics card fried!!! Re-installed spare card - no internet, no nothing!!! Finally sorted and all OK by midnight, MOH definately uninstalled.
Question - can a game fry a graphics card?
Because that is what it appears. Bioshock ran like a dream, and yes you could say the card may have been failing - but it's bizarre. Had cards fail before, but not like this.
All sorted now, installed new BFG Geforce 7900GS OC tonight. I'm not going to tempt fate and re-install MOH Airborne for love nor money.

Thanks to all

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.