GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Colin McRae 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Colin McRae Rally 3'.
Sun 24/11/02 at 16:13
Regular
I'm interested in buying Colin McRae 3 and I would like to know what it is like. A brief overview and how it compares to the previous games and some of the others that are about at the moment. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Wed 27/11/02 at 23:15
I was thinking about getting this game, but im not really sure whether i will play it enough. I bought V Rally 3 when it came out not so long ago, and have been playing that alot. Its a very good game and i think it would be tough to beat, the graphics are good and theres lot to do on it too with many cars to race around in.

But i like the Colin McRae series too and have followed it on the PS1 since it began. Its always been good and i really liked it. In terms of gameplay it was always different to the other games around like it. It seemed to have that camera where the car would turn and look differently and give you a view that no other game did, and it seemed to work. Or maybe that was just me? :-)

Since i have V-Rally 3, and enjoy it very much so, would anyone in my position still think that Colin McRae is a worthy game to buy, or not?
Wed 27/11/02 at 17:24
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I quite agree, how far have you got ?, I have just won the championship in seasons 1 & 2 (on Normal), great game, I just don't have enough time to play it some more
Tue 26/11/02 at 17:38
CMR3 is far and away the best rally game out there.

Go for it..
Tue 26/11/02 at 17:38
Regular
"Wotz a tagline...?"
Check out the customer reviews at

http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review ( space) .php?custid=1035748506&offset=5

I think you will see that this game rules.

I personally think it is the dogs dangly bits.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:27
"You love us!"
Hmmm, WRC2 still hasn't arrived. God damn airmail :-(

From what Nå†ßu© said, WRC2 could be a real challenger to CM3's crown.
Although, i must say, i played CM3 last night, started another championship in the Focus(!), and man the handling and graphics of the game is so good. Just wish wish wish the Codies hadn't cocked up everything else.

*sigh*

Oh well....
Mon 25/11/02 at 14:51
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Ah, but WRC II doesn't actually require use of the brake for anything but the tightest corners. It's just 'point and squirt' stuff, not realistic or challenging. I guess there's no perfect rally games out there.
Mon 25/11/02 at 14:32
Regular
"  "
ellisuk wrote:
> Nå†ßu© wrote:
> should be and decent track bum things. In moi oppinion :D
>
> I think he meant bump

Aye, I did mean just that :D
Mon 25/11/02 at 14:31
Regular
"  "
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> WRC II kicks its... erm... you know. The handling in CM3 is just too
> slippy for my liking, youjust cant seem to get grip. Also the tracks
> seem to flat for rallying. WRC II is the opposite with grip were it
> should be and decent track BUMP things. In moi oppinion :D
Mon 25/11/02 at 14:31
Regular
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> should be and decent track bum things. In moi oppinion :D

I think he meant bump
Mon 25/11/02 at 14:29
Regular
"  "
WRC II kicks its... erm... you know. The handling in CM3 is just too slippy for my liking, youjust cant seem to get grip. Also the tracks seem to flat for rallying. WRC II is the opposite with grip were it should be and decent track bum things. In moi oppinion :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.