GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 better then you expected or worse?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/03/02 at 19:30
Regular
Just write a one or two line sentance did metal gear solid 2 beat your expectations or was it a little (very little) bit of a disappointment?
Sun 10/03/02 at 11:21
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Nope, I've completed the first game and I played the tanker bit. It was just that the story twists and turns and since I had been playing for about 7 hours when I got to the really complicated bit, I was rather confused. :-D
Sun 10/03/02 at 11:13
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Was that because you had not played the first game on PS1 or because you skipped the Ship part of the game?

Or was it just the fact that the storyline twists and turns? :D
Sun 10/03/02 at 11:07
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I didn't even fully understand MGS2. It was confusing as hell!!! Which means when I play through again, I'll probably need to watch all the codec moments that are later in the game again, to try and help me understand a bit more.
Sun 10/03/02 at 10:58
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Overall the game is everything that i really expected. Both the presentation and the game play are spot on, i mean the games graphics are truly superb and the attention to detail is second to none.

But to be honest the game has not shown that it has gone above what i expected, its just what i thought it would be, similar to MGS1. There has been nothing in the game that has really made me think 'wow, thats a neat little feature'. Its basicly stayed in line with the ideas and gameplay from MGS1, which of course is no bad thing, as they are both very good games.

After playing for 6 hours, i still maintain that at times the cut scenes and codec scenes are still way too long, and by the time it comes to the end of them im still watching, but maybe not with as much interest, i want to get stuck in with the action, and not have the game play split up all the time.

But then i suppose this will be changed when i have completed the game once, then i will be able to skip them.
Sun 10/03/02 at 10:46
Regular
me being not a great fan of action/adventure games i wasnt looking forward to this game as much as everyone else seemed to.

but after 7 hours of playing it im completely hooked, and its much much better than i expected.
Sun 10/03/02 at 10:44
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Uncle Albert wrote:
> savatt1668 wrote:
When you and
> Pliskin split up to go and freeze the
> bombs, I went the opposite way around to
> what I did the first time. On my
> way out I spotted a guard laying in the
> doorway to the bridge, someone had
> just beat the crap outta him. I saw someone
> running and used the Digital
> Camera to zoom in for a better view. It was
> Pliskin wearing a box !
> ;-))
I took a picture of the box running up the
> bridge. ;-)

I did that aswell.
Sun 10/03/02 at 10:41
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
savatt1668 wrote:
When you and
> Pliskin split up to go and freeze the bombs, I went the opposite way around to
> what I did the first time. On my way out I spotted a guard laying in the
> doorway to the bridge, someone had just beat the crap outta him. I saw someone
> running and used the Digital Camera to zoom in for a better view. It was
> Pliskin wearing a box ! ;-))
I took a picture of the box running up the
> bridge. ;-)

I'm diffusing the bombs right now, on my first go and also noticed Pliskin creeping across the bridge in a box. If you leg it after him, he'll become alert and seriously pick up speed. If you continue to run across until you reach the camera, you may here (coming from the other room) a guard call for assistance!!
Sun 10/03/02 at 10:37
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
The thing that annoys me is that they go to all the effort of putting in the cut scene shuffler thingy, but they don't bother putting in all the cut scenes! There are only 8 and they aren't even the best ones. I know which one I want to see again but I won't say cause it's a bit of a spoiler.

All I can hope is that more become available to view as you complete it more times or on harder difficulty settings. Unlikely though.

And of the cut scenes they do have, most of them end before the good bit! Those fools!
Sat 09/03/02 at 23:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Salvatore wrote:
> i read when you complete the game you can use the digitl camera anytime you want
> and save the pics to your memory card

Yup, thats right. :-) Taken a few pics of my own already.

Heres some excellent little moments I've come accross the second time around...

When you and Pliskin split up to go and freeze the bombs, I went the opposite way around to what I did the first time. On my way out I spotted a guard laying in the doorway to the bridge, someone had just beat the crap outta him. I saw someone running and used the Digital Camera to zoom in for a better view. It was Pliskin wearing a box ! ;-))
I took a picture of the box running up the bridge. ;-)

Everyone remember that part on the tanker ? Where the big marine meeting is taking place and you have to sneak around getting pics of metal gear. I got to the last room where you take the pics and behold ! All the marines had no trousers on - standing in their boxers. ;-))

Try beating the crap out of locker doors ;-)

Also, I'm not sure but I think I'm right on this. When I met Pliskin again this time around, he gave me a different first name. ;-)
Sat 09/03/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Yeah I was going to watch the making of feature, but it warns you that it gives spoilers, so I decided to wait until I finish the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.