GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Midnight Club II"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Midnight Club 2'.
Wed 27/11/02 at 11:52
Regular
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2248

Remember the first one back at the release of PS2? Wasnt all that good, in fact i dont think it was good at all.

Well there finally making a sequel to it, and little was known to me, but as SR say, its made by Rockstar who, as we know, have come along way recently in terms of the games that they make.

Midnight 2 has already had its likeness compared to both Burnout and GTA, which you have to admit are too very good games, and if this game can come anywhere between the two, then we could have a very good game on our hands here.

The graphics dont look all that bad either!

Still a fair way to release though.
Mon 02/12/02 at 00:19
jazzy_jack wrote:

> as for midnight club 2 i wouldnt touch it with a ten foot barge pole
> due to its crap predecessor

Thats not a brilliant way to view things though. There have been many games that havent been all that good, and yet the sequel was fantastic. I found this with the likes of Burnout. I hated the first game and thought it was rubbish. The second game came out and its fantastic. Improved in everyway possible. Destruction Derby did the same thing, as did many many more games.

Midnight 2 has the potential to be something very good and very big, and seems to be shaping up well too.
Sun 01/12/02 at 13:16
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
i bought midnight club a few months ago preowned for £9.99 from game i played the game for presicly 1 hour then went back to game and asked for a refund.
trust me never ver by this game no matter how cheap it is because u will learn the hard way.
as for midnight club 2 i wouldnt touch it with a ten foot barge pole due to its crap predecessor
Sat 30/11/02 at 21:25
I was in town today and looked in a few gaming shops. Checking the low prices sections in them all, i notice a little known game called Midnight Club. Guess how much for?

£4:99

Guess thats saying more than enough about that version, other games the same age as it like Tekken Tag were still for sale at around £10 aswell.
Wed 27/11/02 at 23:09
I agree with Pro Evo on this one and some of the others. This game could be very promising. Rockstar have now establish themselves as a pretty big company with the GTA series, so they have now a reputation, and one i think that they are not going to want to really damage. So i would have thought the generally standard of there games that are to follow now would start to improve. Other than the GTA series, i dont recall many other games that have been much cop, though i may have missed them. There was State Of Emergency, but that really wasnt for me.

The first Midnight game wasnt that good really though, im hoping that this one is going to be better.

Lets hope so! :-)
Wed 27/11/02 at 17:30
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Basing my opinion partailly on SR's article I think we will all be in for a surprise. It looks as if you can ride on motorbikes and if the people at Rockstar have seen "Fast and the Furious", I'm sure we'll have something special at our hands.

The first one as you said Pro Evo wasn't very impressive, but look at Burnout compared to Burnout 2, it improved massively so who's saying the same can't happen with Midnight Club 2?

I'll be watching out for it
Wed 27/11/02 at 15:56
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Baseing it on the idea. People will look at it as a restricted GTA.
> Maybe. :)

But isnt that what The Getaway is meant to be?

And look how well it seems that will be recieved? :D

Midnight Club, from what i can tell, is mainly a racing game, so i see thats how its going to be perceived.
Wed 27/11/02 at 15:53
Regular
"  "
Baseing it on the idea. People will look at it as a restricted GTA. Maybe. :)
Wed 27/11/02 at 15:49
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Nå†ßu© wrote:
but I only see a 7/10 at the most.

I really dont see how you can make that sort of judgement at this stage at all. For all we know it could be one of the best racing games to come out for a while. But of course on the other hand it could be the complete opposite.

Its still far too early to see what side of the barrier this game will swing to.
Wed 27/11/02 at 14:03
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
It's official site is

http://www.midnightclub2.com

there is a movie at www.pczone.co.uk, the game is due out on PC end April 2003.

Just call me the Oracle
Wed 27/11/02 at 12:57
Regular
"  "
State Of Emergancy was great. MC 1 was poor, but I liked the idea. Who knows, it may be worth a purchase, but I only see a 7/10 at the most.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.