GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Travian"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/10/07 at 11:31
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Anybody on the browser game Travian? It's a free online game and basically you turn a small little oasis into the capital of your kingdom - building resource fields, warehouses, barracks etc. You can even form alliances and rage out war with other players.

I'm already part of one of the alliances (90th in the game) and have a lot of power withing (Head Diplomat), so anybody thinking of joining, start up in the south west region of server 4 on the .co.uk version of the site (click)

Just thought it would be a bit of fun we could all take part in. If you do decide to join, just note down your coordinates and name in this thread.

Name hippyman (s4)
Coordinates (-36,-127)

Name Bob_The_Moose
Coords (1, 49) on S5
Page:
Thu 10/04/08 at 23:49
Regular
I used to be in contact with bingo a fair bit, giving him information of S.I.F.P troops from my spy ;)

As for LoM, they're a good alliance in terms of their military strength. One thing that annoyed most of us in 187 was how they got chummed up to - certain people seemed to think they were everything despite their shoddy admittance policies allowing players in at about 500 pop. But no, my real concern with LoM if there's any, is that they follow a 'for the duration' line that doesn't seem to be kept.

big guy and Milamber walked out for a couple of days a few weeks back in protest of something and now amaedel and Drama have done the same but apparently it's a permanent move. Seems a bit stupid considering it's simply in protest to changes.

I can't see a lot of alliances bothering to challenge bingo and those that might such as LoM and 187 are SW mainly so it wouldn't really be worth it. Though having said that LoM work well as an alliance launching co-ordinated attacks to take villages, such as against micron, which I could see happening here.

=EFF= is something that I can only see as temporary as apart from him and Usul the players are average and no-one good is going to want to throw their lot in with a 7 player alliance with no ties to the top alliances unless they have particularly strong personal ties
Thu 10/04/08 at 23:23
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Yeah I think that's a fair analysis of bingo, how did you know ? :p
I'd speculate that unless EFF grow pretty big pretty quickly then he'll upset someone bigger and they'll get destroyed.

That's probably true about {M} too, we had a bunch of successful defenses against them to start with before we ended up in chaos, most of their offensive armies weren't exactly impressive (and will be even less so now). One of their average sized players sent no less than 7 successive waves each consisting of about 200 swordsmen and a bunch of catas... suffice to say they were slaughtered as they came in. They might have stood a chance if he'd sent them all together. Very funny to watch.
It was really LoM that caused all the trouble for us.
Thu 10/04/08 at 20:09
Regular
bingo's always struck me as a bit of a loose cannon; a good player with a decent army but definitely uncontrolled - I'm surprised he stayed for so long in DEAD!

As for WR and M, they're probably the two most overrated alliances. I know that sounds a bit stupid given the position of M but they haven't proved themselves and I've yet to see a decent M offensive. Likewise, they claimed to be the new beginning of CFS yet took everyone bar about 5 players - hardly a 'fresh start'. WR on the other hand were hyped up a lot for sending in the catas against DD, yet, by their own admission the 'reserve villages' they were sending troops from were the majority of their force, rather than having a huge reserve in their main village as others implied

You gonna strike out and create an alliance then? And how will that feature previous members of DEAD?/DEAD! - will you be collecting them up into this alliance?
Thu 10/04/08 at 19:51
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Yeah we've disbanded now, I kicked everyone out of DEAD? a few moments ago.

I'm not really sure what bingo was up to, he left a cryptic message saying "it's not because of the war, it's because of some other things i won't go into". I don't really know what he was doing when he was in DEAD though, I got the impression, through two independent sources, he just did his own thing and upset a few people in the process.
As all the {M} and LoM attacks were pouring in Jack Rabbit was trying to sort out a merger into WR (apparently BOSS WR has wanted asked us about this in the past but we turned it down... apparently) but it was taking too long (we're told BOSS is on holiday... or he was just ignoring us, haha) so a bunch more people jumped ship into EFF and looks like we lost a few to Ve too. And in unfortunate timing we also lost two significant players due to real life. Information from (some parts of) leadership in DEAD was, dare I say it, a bit infrequent and left a lot of us wondering what was going on so it's not surprising things folded under pressure.
JR anounced this morning he was disbanding DEAD and he'd been approached by {M} and was going to be leading a new wing for them. Now this afternoon he's in Ve, I really don't know what's going on there.

Clango and myself are going to pick up the pieces of what's left of us into a new alliance, see what we've got and go from there. It might fail dismally in which case I'll get back to you about 187. but hey it should be fun :p
Thu 10/04/08 at 18:45
Regular
Yeah I found out about the CP boundary a few weeks back when I created a 4th village as a 15c but didn't develop it over 30 pop and went out..

It got destroyed by a bit of a mug called Koot who gave me all my defensive points and you may notice is no longer around :)

I'm now heading the recruitment for 187's wing, 187. which is actually going to develop as a good wing with military-minded players rather than the usual excuse for an extra 30 members that wings of alliances such as LOG tend to be

What's this about DEAD? / DEAD! disbanding and key players in DEAD!, bingo et al, creating =EFF=

Tell you what Bob, grab yourself the next village in the South and I'll happily give you an invite into 187. should you want it
Thu 10/04/08 at 13:45
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Destroyed :(

It was kind of a tactical move... Basically the guy, despite having given away 25,000 defence points (!!) *still* wasn't getting the message and while he may have been willing to pour resources into it, I was starting to feel it was getting a bit pointless.
I made him destroy it rather than letting him capture it though, so I'm not too fussed.

And the good thing is, that I hadn't realised, is that the CP boundary for founding a new village lowers back to the previous level so I can get another one out fairly easily.

This was the front page of Travian.ws a few days ago, showing greatest lost village population:
http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yaysj9.jpg
Awesome :p
Thu 10/04/08 at 13:32
Regular
Bob, what happened to the 5th village?
Sat 05/04/08 at 17:06
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
They're certainly doing a good job of walking into reinforcement traps ;)
Sat 05/04/08 at 14:02
Regular
His pop went down as one of his villages was conquered, another's in the works to be

That was probably his sitter getting rid of his army

As for M, they're an alliance of pansies
Sat 05/04/08 at 13:58
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I like your village names. Very original :D

Hey, by the way, I was wondering something and you might know.
ELLZ. What's the deal with this guy?
He launched a 35 hour attack on one of my obscurely placed villages which I was excited about and then it turned out to be about 20 legionnaires, and I noticed it was very shortly after he left/got kicked out of 187. And now his pop is going down. So, you know, just curious really.

we are now getting co-ordinated attacks from LoM and it looks like they've teamed up with {M}, this is hilarious :D
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.