GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The cost of Memory Cards"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/03/02 at 11:26
Regular
Can anyone tell me why 8 megs of ram built in to a memory card costs £30???? You compare this to the price of memory on the pc, say £25 for 64 megs as quoted by special reserve and ask yourself why does it cost so much to fit a bit of ram in a plastic casing??? I've noticed that this is going to be the same for the xbox.
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:26
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Can anyone tell me why 8 megs of ram built in to a memory card costs £30???? You compare this to the price of memory on the pc, say £25 for 64 megs as quoted by special reserve and ask yourself why does it cost so much to fit a bit of ram in a plastic casing??? I've noticed that this is going to be the same for the xbox.
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:29
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Save yourself a fiver and order one from here. As for the reason, well it's always been like this but they will slowly come down in price.

That's the price you gotta pay for it so unfortunately you'll just have to put up with it. :(
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:56
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
I just remembered I never bought one of those expansion packs for me N64 since I wont pay £30 for 4 megs.

You must excuse my winging, I'm beginning to enjoy it and I have a hangover.
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:31
Regular
Its pritty good actually. Considering the Gamecube memory cards are only 4 mega-bits and cost £15.
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:38
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Does anyone know when SR will have timesplitters in stock?
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:43
Regular
mandatare wrote:
> Does anyone know when SR will have timesplitters in stock?

Hmmmm, Its released on Friday so they should have it any day know...You can get it for £16.99 from play though...
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:46
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Thank you.
least i know when it's coming now.
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:51
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
When you compare it with the price of PSone memory cards and the amount they hold then it's not bad value and it is similar to the price for Dreamcast and other next gen console prices.

As for Timesplitters I know I shouldnt say this here but I bought it at Game on Saturday for 14.99. EB are selling at the same price (As they own Game). Please dont me ban SR !!
Wed 06/03/02 at 14:39
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I suppose when you first get a PS2 card they do look quite expensive, however, i have had my PS2 a year now and own 22 games, and excluding smackdown 3 (which takes half the cards memory!) all 21 have got a save on it.

So they do the job very well.
Wed 06/03/02 at 15:23
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Yeah, forgot to mention that fact.....I think I've got about 19 games that I own all with save on and also a few games (probably about 4) that I've borrowed from mates and they've all gone on there.

I've still got half of my memory card left......boy am I glad I never bought wwf or whatever it's called!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.