GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Pope Resigns"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/02/13 at 12:40
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
In a shock move the pope has resigned today, effective from 28th February, citing that he is too old and weak to be able to do the job properly.

Whether this is the case or he's just fed up dealing with all the scandal the Catholic church creates for him and wants a bit of peace and quiet in his last days will probably never be known but it's the first pope resignation in 600 years.

No favourites to take over but conclave is expected to be held 15-25 days after he leaves so a new pope should be in place by Easter.

Is anyone really bothered about this? I'm not Catholic so I'm not really bothered but if I was and followed religion devoutley I suppose it would be a huge shock, but in these days I expect the news is much less of a shock than it was 600 year ago.
Mon 11/02/13 at 12:40
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
In a shock move the pope has resigned today, effective from 28th February, citing that he is too old and weak to be able to do the job properly.

Whether this is the case or he's just fed up dealing with all the scandal the Catholic church creates for him and wants a bit of peace and quiet in his last days will probably never be known but it's the first pope resignation in 600 years.

No favourites to take over but conclave is expected to be held 15-25 days after he leaves so a new pope should be in place by Easter.

Is anyone really bothered about this? I'm not Catholic so I'm not really bothered but if I was and followed religion devoutley I suppose it would be a huge shock, but in these days I expect the news is much less of a shock than it was 600 year ago.
Mon 11/02/13 at 12:57
"possibly impossible"
He was only seen as a temporary pope until a younger person was found, anyway, so it's not really too surprising. However, to quit instead of dying is pretty unusual, but perhaps he has a pretty bad illness (mental illness perhaps?)
Mon 11/02/13 at 14:15
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The thing that makes him look bad is that Jon Paul 2nd battled on with Althzimers for years and still kept up his duties, doing his best to lead his people in the face of huge adversity.

Plus when Benedict 16th was elected he made sure people knew he didn't want the job and this just confirms that in the last 7 or so years behind the smile etc was just an old bloke who wanted to put his feet up.

It's kind of a kick in the teeth for all Catholics in my opinion.
Mon 11/02/13 at 15:31
Regular
"How Ironic"
There's going to be a lot of upset altar boys today...

Oh and for the record, I couldn't care less. I'm not religious in any sense of the word, I will however accept easter eggs.
Mon 11/02/13 at 15:45
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
I'm not religious in any sense of the word, I will however accept easter eggs.

That rates as one of my favourite quotes, along with;

"I'm still an atheist, thank God" (Luis Bunuel, surrealist film director).

Nice one Chris!
Mon 11/02/13 at 16:09
Regular
"How Ironic"
As far as I'm concerned, if people who call themselves religious get chocolate eggs, I'm willing to sign up for one Sunday a year to get some free smarties out of the situation.
Mon 11/02/13 at 16:13
"possibly impossible"
Chocolate eggs have as much to do with the Christian religion as you do anyway!
Mon 11/02/13 at 16:16
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, if people who call themselves religious get chocolate eggs, I'm willing to sign up for one Sunday a year to get some free smarties out of the situation.

I think the Easter bunny and chocolate eggs have more to do with Clintons cards and Mr. Cadbury than it does with anything religious, so I think you're safe...

So, do you also do Christmas?
Mon 11/02/13 at 17:42
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I've been eating min-eggs since Christms, who knows how many I'll have munched my way through by Easter!
Mon 11/02/13 at 17:49
Regular
"How Ironic"
The only symbolism I've found between eggs and Christianity is re-birth. Why they're chocolate, ask ASDA, Sainsbury's and TESCO. Wait, don't ask TESCO. They're selling chocolate horses this year.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.