GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Pope Resigns"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/02/13 at 12:40
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
In a shock move the pope has resigned today, effective from 28th February, citing that he is too old and weak to be able to do the job properly.

Whether this is the case or he's just fed up dealing with all the scandal the Catholic church creates for him and wants a bit of peace and quiet in his last days will probably never be known but it's the first pope resignation in 600 years.

No favourites to take over but conclave is expected to be held 15-25 days after he leaves so a new pope should be in place by Easter.

Is anyone really bothered about this? I'm not Catholic so I'm not really bothered but if I was and followed religion devoutley I suppose it would be a huge shock, but in these days I expect the news is much less of a shock than it was 600 year ago.
Tue 12/02/13 at 10:19
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Toasted hot cross buns with a bit of butter - delicious!

Anyway I hope the new pope is in his 60's or early 70's at most to stop this happening again.

The favourite's supposed to be some Archbishop from Ghana which would make a nice change from Europe dominating the highest seat in Catholicism.
Tue 12/02/13 at 08:59
"possibly impossible"
I do enjoy a good hot cross bun. In fact, the kids have taken to eating them for breakfast before school at the moment.

Anyway, back on subject, a new Pope would hopefully be younger (can't really be much older) and would be able to drive and revitalise the Church, but coming in just before the most important dates in the Church's calendar is going to be tough.
Mon 11/02/13 at 19:31
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
chasfh wrote:
...Perhaps a bit of bacon (contains meat)...?

Never thought of that chas ... Apple and cinnamon and bacon hot cross bun ... sounds a winner. I'll get Mrs DL on the case and she can inform her contacts at M&S. But perhaps then it may have to be called a 'cob'.

EDIT: No chance, these have a cross :¬) ...

Hot Cross Bun (without bacon)
Mon 11/02/13 at 19:26
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
DL wrote:
Smedders wrote:
[i]I've been eating min-eggs since Christms, who knows how many I'll have munched my way through by Easter!

Strange that you should mention that, but we seem to have been eating Hot Cross Buns since last September![/i]

You really should try something else, DL, a completely hot cross bun diet is not one that I remember as being terribly good for you.

Perhaps a bit of bacon (contains meat)...?

Besides, don't they just leave the cross off a hot cross bun and call it a teacake so they can sell it all year? I can understand why they would change the name completely, I wouldn't relish the idea of going into Morrisons and picking up a packet of "hot buns"...
Mon 11/02/13 at 19:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Smedders wrote:
I've been eating min-eggs since Christms, who knows how many I'll have munched my way through by Easter!

Strange that you should mention that, but we seem to have been eating Hot Cross Buns since last September!
Mon 11/02/13 at 18:41
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
But they were TESCO's finest. I had such faith (I've brought the conversation back to religion for those disgruntled forum users).
Tesco is a religion to some, so we're good!

I might be just a tad cynical, but most of the burgers/ pies/ ready meals when you look at the boxes clearly state something along the lines of "minimum 15% beef"; I, like everyone else, never stop to consider what the other %age might be, I just naturally assume its carrots and peas, or onions or cheese or whatever else goes into making said pie/ready meal/ burger etc. If it SAID "Minimum 5% horse" I'd probably be a little put off, however I apparently have a taste for "horse lasagne".

I do find it slightly amusing, rather oddly.

I just keep getting images of some young Romanian trainee at a slaughter house, looking the animals up and down and thinking "well... it DOES have a leg at each corner..."

Or some unscrupulous horse thief with the cops hot on his trail, disposing of the evidence by slapping it between some pasta sheets, covering it in cheese and distributing it worldwide.

I wonder if modern people are a little too sensitive. When I was a kid, the most information you got from a ready meal was "contains meat". At least it was honest.
Mon 11/02/13 at 18:30
Regular
Sonic Chris wrote:
The only symbolism I've found between eggs and Christianity is re-birth.

That's a bit of a biggie though isn't it? Considering that's what Easter's based around
Mon 11/02/13 at 18:28
Regular
"How Ironic"
But they were TESCO's finest. I had such faith (I've brought the conversation back to religion for those disgruntled forum users).
Mon 11/02/13 at 18:05
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
The only symbolism I've found between eggs and Christianity is re-birth. Why they're chocolate, ask ASDA, Sainsbury's and TESCO. Wait, don't ask TESCO. They're selling chocolate horses this year.

They're not chocolate....
Mon 11/02/13 at 17:49
Regular
"How Ironic"
The only symbolism I've found between eggs and Christianity is re-birth. Why they're chocolate, ask ASDA, Sainsbury's and TESCO. Wait, don't ask TESCO. They're selling chocolate horses this year.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.