GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Rather Rubbish and Hastily Prepared 2012 Picture Quiz"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/12/12 at 15:10
Regular
"I like turtles"
Seeing as we appear to have had no 'official' Freeola Christmas quiz this year, here is an 'unofficial' one. The questions are as follows:

Film round

Here are some screenshots taken from films released this year, please name them.

Game Round

Here are some screenshots taken from games released this year, please name them.

Famous People

Here are some pictures of people who hit the headlines during 2012, please name them.

Album Round

Here are some album covers for records released this year with vital parts (like the title & artist!) blanked out. Please name these albums and their artists.

Famous Distorted People

Here are some pictures of people who should be instantly recognizable to most. Each of these people hit the headlines during this year. These pictures have been blurred but try looking at them with a hangover (as I was doing earlier today) as they really don't seem to look that much different to the others! Please name these people.

I'm fully aware that this is a lame imposter for the usual high quality quizzes you guys are used to but hopefully it will still be a bit of fun.

In the event of a tie break there shall be a good old fashioned duel at dawn, the survivor of this duel shall be declared the winner of the quiz.

The Answers:

Show Spoiler
Fri 04/01/13 at 22:39
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Ahhh... he will have been travelling too fast for me to recognise him then :D
Fri 04/01/13 at 22:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Ineedsleep wrote:
Nice going Pete and I'm still none the wiser on number 17 :)

You're probably not alone there INS, but ...

"Felix Baumgartner is an Austrian skydiver, daredevil and BASE jumper. He set the world record for skydiving an estimated 39 kilometres (24 mi), reaching an estimated speed of 1,342 kilometres per hour (834 mph), or Mach 1.24, on 14 October 2012, and became the first person to break the sound barrier without vehicular power on his descent."

So there you go! We all probably remember the event, but didn't quite catch a glimpse of the man himself ...
Fri 04/01/13 at 21:59
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Nice going Pete and I'm still none the wiser on number 17 :)
Fri 04/01/13 at 11:59
"possibly impossible"
I'm pretty impressed that I managed to actually get 13.

Thanks again for the quiz, kept me entertained.
Fri 04/01/13 at 11:57
Regular
7? You're being too generous pete. ;9 Thank you again for doing this. Looking forward to your Easter quiz. I'll definitely do better next time.

Well done guys.
Fri 04/01/13 at 10:42
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thank you once again pete and Millie sends you a goldfish kiss for the bonus points!

... and well done to all who entered :¬)
Fri 04/01/13 at 10:06
Regular
"I like turtles"
Right, answers coming up. Firstly big thanks to everyone who gave this a go, across all of the entries there were only 3 that weren't got (very impressive!). For this event there will be no podium but in its place a hexium where all participants are winners! :)

The Scores:

In joint 1st place with a very impressive 17 DavidM4 & Butch, wow! :0

pb got 13
Team DL 9 (or 30 with Millie's bonus points!)
Machie 7
Ineedsleep 3 but the unbelievably thorough answer to no.28 really should get some actual bonus points I reckon.

This quiz was hard, it was designed to be, you guys all did really well. Will post answers in the main thread now. Hope it was fun.

EDIT: Just remembered about the tie break rule, anyone got a couple of pistols we could borrow?! :)
Thu 03/01/13 at 22:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Ineedsleep wrote:
Well isn't that typical! Just like buses... You wait around, and wait, and wait some more then three of you come along at once.

Bye bye podium and what was to be my biggest achievement of the year! :D

I do have to agree with that Ineedsleep.

I held off suggesting a closure earlier, but seeing as it's all for fun, maybe the most recent 'additions' required time to meditate and formulate their responses as it was originally posted ... 26/12/12 ... and they all would have been engaged in 'post-Christmas' activities.
Thu 03/01/13 at 19:27
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Well isn't that typical! Just like buses... You wait around, and wait, and wait some more then three of you come along at once.

Bye bye podium and what was to be my biggest achievement of the year! :D
Thu 03/01/13 at 14:27
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
BOOM, my Cineworld Unlimited card helped, but my lack of music and gaming knowledge was an incredible handicap.

[SPOILER]
1 - Headhunters
2 - Para-Norman
3 - Magic Mike, although I don't think Rachael McAdams was in that one...
4 - The Pact
5 - Skyfall
6 - The Watch

7 - Far Cry 3
8 - Tekken X Streetfighter
9 - Epic Mickey
10 - Farm Simulator 2012
11 - Rock Band
12 - Just Dance 4

13 - Bradley Wiggins
14 -
15 - The director of The Artist, he has an Eastern European name, Micheal Somethingorother
16 - PSY
17 -
18 - 'Lady' Gaga

19 - One Direction, no clue what the album is called
20 -
21 -
22 - Jack White - Blunderbuss
23 - Linkin Park - Living Things
24 - It looks like Matt Berry

25 - Barack Obama
26 - Andy Murray
27 - Sepp Blatter
28 -
29 - Piers Morgan
30 -
[/SPOILER

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.