GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which game?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/02/02 at 14:25
Regular
Nope, this aint one of them crappy which game shall i buy topics, instead, which game got you onto the Sony console route?

For me, it was Destruction Derby on PS1. At the time this was a class game. My cousin use to come down to my house with his PS1 and this is all i would play on. Despite its bad controls at the time it was a very realistic game. The cars behaved realistic with the way they crumpled and crashed, and the sounds were excellent. Also the graphics were brilliant and this really helped the way the cars were wrecked.

Other than this game it was Tomb Raider that again got me into Sony, we all know how good that game was, just a shame it couldnt be carried on down the series.

So what game got you onto the Sony machines?
Mon 25/02/02 at 12:51
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
It was Ridge that did it for me, I saw a demo machine running before the launch of the PS1, and just had to get one. Got it on launch day.
Mon 25/02/02 at 11:05
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
It was no particular game but we wanted a PS as we had just had a baby and couldn't go out much and telly was boring and so we had the odd hour or two to fill up - We bought it from Toys r us (Sorry SR - didnt know you existed then!) together with Doom (had played it on PC), Tomb Raider (Had read about it), Formula 1 (It was Formula 1!) and Crash Bandicoot (It looked good on the box). Fortunately they were all great games at the time.
Mon 25/02/02 at 08:32
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
I would say that Metal Gear Solid did, as well as Resident Evil and WWF Smackdown.

Oh yer and Driver, now thats a good game.
Sun 24/02/02 at 22:55
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Toshinden got me to buy a PS1. ;-)) Ok, stop laughing !
Thing is, when you've been playing Street Fighter 2 and the best 2D fighting graphics were on the Neo Geo, a game like Toshinden looked the plums ! :-)

I know Virtua Fighter was around, but Toshinden was 3D and had a more finished look about it.

Destruction Derby also got my attention big time. ;-)
Even now I'd love a good game like that. I like racers like GT3 and Project Gothem, but those Destruction Derby style games have so much fun about them. ;-)
Sun 24/02/02 at 22:38
Regular
Ummm
None,My Dad won some Comet vouchers and said we( my bro and I)that we could have something.... So we got a Station' because it used Cds which we thought was cooler than the N64's carts.

So no game got me into Sony

Got a PS2 basicly because we saw screens for Tekken Tag and thought WHOA!
Sun 24/02/02 at 22:11
Regular
"Whatever!"
I wasnt that keen on the third!! They better bring out a DD for PS2 - That would be awesome!!
Sun 24/02/02 at 21:57
Regular
"360: swfcman"
DD2 still is, i still have the game now and play on it. The 3rd wasnt all that good though. I just hope they bring it out on PS2.
Sun 24/02/02 at 21:52
Regular
"Whatever!"
The very first Tomb Raider!! And Destruction Derby 2 - It was a quality game at the time!!
Sun 24/02/02 at 21:47
Regular
First game to get me into Sony was ISS pro evolution. Played the game round a mates house while bunking off college and I got a PSone just to play this game! Never used the PSone for much else really though.

Didnt get a PS2 till GT3 came around. That was the first game that really interested me. Everything else before it seemed really crap.

After MGS2, Nintendo, in the form Gamecube, should become the dominate console in my household. PS2 will just be used for DVDs and Pro evolution soccer.
Sun 24/02/02 at 20:40
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Badgerman wrote:
> Probably ISS Evolution. I'm a 'newer' fan of Sony than most people.

I didnt actually get properly into ISS games until the second one came out on PS1, ISS 98 it was called. I had played previous versions, and did own the Snes version too, but the best footie games at that time were Fifa on the Mega Drive.

How times change!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.