GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the best game ever on each format"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/02/02 at 12:33
Regular
i was speaking to my mates and we all had diffrent ideas for which game is best overall and which one is best on a certian console/computer. mine are...
Playstation = Driver
Nintendo 64 = conkers bad fur day
pc = Max Payne
Gameboy advance/color = Advance Wars
overall = conkers bad fur day

what do you guys think i`ll up date this thread every week or so with the results (any console just those are the only ones i have played on).
Sun 24/02/02 at 14:34
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Best console games ever??

PSX - Got to be Final Fantasy IX. For its time it was graphically impressive, it also took criticisms from the previous 2 games and fixed them, such as long GF's scenes in FF8 and shortened them. My fave Final Fantasy

PS2 - At the moment I'll say Rez, although I dont have many PS2 games. It is so original and innovative, and is so different from anything else you'll ever play. Great fun for all (even though FF10 will probably take over!)

N64 - I always loved Zelda 64 : Ocarina of Time. I used to watch my brother play so when I got it it was so brillant. Even though I didnt complete it, I've seen the ending - pure class. Up there with Mario 64 and Zelda 2.

PC - I dont have much experience of PC gaming, but I used to play Civilisation on my 66Mhz 486 when I was younger. So addictive to play and it was amazing when i 'completed' it for the first time (die you Babyloninans, DIE!)

MEGA-DRIVE - Columns. I used to play it day in, day out. I was known for my Columns skills. I sat in that library and played it for hours, HOURS i tell you. And now im happy to say i intend to buy a M-D and Mega Games Cart. Yay.

MASTER SYSTEM - The free Sonic game that came on the console was such good value I couldnt believe it. I was chuffed when even my big bro couldnt complete a level and I COULD. My mate has a Master System, so Im going to buy it off him.

MEGA-CD - Yay! Another Sonic game! The one where you had to travel back in the past and forward in the future to complete each level. Quite a different idea for the time

GBC - Game Buy Colour and Pokemon Blue, possibly the best thing that could (try to) slip into your pocket. I went to a lightshow, got bored after 3 hours of "Whrrr" and played it for 8 hours during the show and in the car home. Yay.

Hope that has been a pleasant insite for you all :)
Sun 24/02/02 at 14:32
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Playstation - Metal Gear Solid
N64 - Goldeneye
Game Boy - Zelda Links Awakening
Dreamcast - Shenmue
GBA - ISS
Nes - Mario Bros
SNES - Donkey Kong
PS2 - Pro Evo
PC - Championship manager series

Overall - Pro Evo
Sun 24/02/02 at 14:31
Regular
Megadrive- Sonic 2
Nes - Mario 3
Playstation - Tony Hawks 2
N64 - Perfect Dark
Dreamcast - Shenmue
GBA - Mario Kart Super Circuit
SNES - Mario 4
PS2 - Grand Theft Auto 3
PC - Half Life
Gamecube - Wave Race (the only game i've played)

Overall - Grand Theft Auto 3
Sun 24/02/02 at 14:23
Regular
"Whatever!"
Playstation - Metal Gear Solid
N64 - Goldeneye
Game Gear - Sonic 2
Saturn - Nights
Dreamcast - Shenmue
GBA - Mario Kart Super Circuit
SNES - Super Street Fighter II Turbo
PS2 - Grand Theft Auto 3
PC - Star Wars Jedi Kight

Overall - Grand Theft Auto 3
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:11
Regular
PSone: Tomb Raider 2.
Dreamcast: Jet Set Radio.
PC: Riven.

Err, that's as far back as I go.

Overall = Jet Set Radio.
Sun 24/02/02 at 12:57
thats all the threads i`m starting today don`t you worry.
Sun 24/02/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Playstation = Metal Gear Solid
Nintendo 64 = Perfect Dark
PC = Deus Ex
MegaDrive = Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
Saturn = Panzer Dragoon
PS2 = Grand Theft Auto 3
Dreamcast = Skies of Arcadia

Overall = Skies of Arcadia.

Welcome to the forums, Boz. And by the way, you can start as many threads off as you like, and make them as long as you like. Just not too many at once, that's all, because we've got to have time to read them and reply before the next one appears :)
Sun 24/02/02 at 12:36
ok i`ll do the rest to about 2-3 lines long
Sun 24/02/02 at 12:34
Regular
"¬_¬"
Do you think you could down-scale the thread starting a bit please, because otherwise I'll bite your head off. Comprende?
Sun 24/02/02 at 12:33
i was speaking to my mates and we all had diffrent ideas for which game is best overall and which one is best on a certian console/computer. mine are...
Playstation = Driver
Nintendo 64 = conkers bad fur day
pc = Max Payne
Gameboy advance/color = Advance Wars
overall = conkers bad fur day

what do you guys think i`ll up date this thread every week or so with the results (any console just those are the only ones i have played on).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.