GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You pretentious ponces"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/02/02 at 00:33
Regular
Not you, I mean other people.

I went out with ma woman today, she had to get hair products and bin bags and I dragged round with her.
Otherwise I don't get no naughty sauce.

And it really, really hit me just how far up their tunnel some people are.
Really.
Ok, it was in Chiswick which is a tad yuppie, but still it made me shiver inside to so many trendy robots.

Examples:

I was thirsty and it was raining, so we went into a sidewalk cafe thing called "Nero's".
I wanted a coffee. Not a big deal you'd think, most people know what this drink is.
But I was presented with an option that made my head hurt and my brain start to boil.
"I want coffee please"
"Sure, we have the following" (and he gestured to the board)

Mocha
Mochachino
Latte
Grande Latte
Decaf Half-fat Latte
Expresso
Frappucino

And about 15 other kinds.
I just wanted coffee.
Why? What is with this pursuit of obscure frothy crap from somewhere you've never heard of.
What's wrong with "Coffee".
Bt oooooh no, it has to be some European poncy drink with a vaguely swishy name that costs £2.00 for a thimble full of foam.
Rubbish.

And M&S foodhall.
I wanted a sandwich. Maybe Ham.
Instead, I am presented with 16 different selections like Thia Tiger Prawn & Avocado or some stupid mixture of ingredients that I wouldn't put together.

And my personal loathing:
Mobile Phones.
I hate them, and I hate the people that use them.
I don't mean people that leave them in cars in case they breakdown, I mean the posturing apes that walk along talking into them, making sure people can hear every single detail of their lives.
I was on Jury Duty this week, and one woman spent her entire time on her mobile to her bovine family.
And one conversation went like this:

"Hello Sarah! You did a poo-poo in the potty? Aren't you a clever girl! You're a big girl now! You did a poo-poo! Yes you are! You're the cleverest girl!"

Excuse me, you're praising a kid for not fouling itself?
Why not wait for a genuine achievment before announcing to an entire room full of strangers, some of whom are resisting every urge to yank that phone from your pudgy fist and throw it out of the window.

And the people that have "exotic" or "personalised" ringtones.
Some current Top 40 hit.
Why not just have one that sounds like a phone?
"Oh, this way I know it's mine that's ringing"
No, set it to a normal ring and you'll be in the minority.

And my newest subject of anger.

Humorous chain emails.
You know the ones.
You get it from someone at work and it's been passed around the building twice and another 56 firms so you have to scroll down 2000 lines of "this email is addressed to.." before you read some lame joke about a bloke at a funeral.
If you're going to send humorous emails to colleagues, at least make sure you know them well enough to realise that they think these sort of jokes suck.

That's enough for now, I'm off to shoot Germans online in Castle Wolfenstein
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:42
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
You are so right. We don't need all these fancy cups of coffee. Just plain old coffee will do.

People can be so wierd with what they put in their sandwiches. My cousin would put anything in a sandwich.

I can't stand mobile phones. They drive me nuts.
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:05
Regular
"Hmmm....."
And i only use my mobile for emergencies and other things like when im out in town or something.
But it is lame what things people make you pay for all the accessories and the people who get them all are just idiots.
Who cares if your phone flashes or has a certain ringtone.
Another thing i hate about people who show off thier mobiles.
Like on a bus with aload of people on it like people from school, there will be a little crowd at the back with everyone crowded around one person with a mobile showin off thier ringtones and thier all shouting and stuff.
Stupid........ Just stupid.
Sun 24/02/02 at 13:01
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Yeah i hate all the stuff you said but some things are a bit stupid.
Like the mobile thing
I have a mobile but dont go round where theres a big crowd shouting in it so that people notice,
I do the opposite........ walk away from big crowds and just speak normally
I do hate those people and whenever they do that i just laugh at them.Do they not realise that they will get it nicked and that they are making a fool of themselves.
Theres no need to get frustrated about it and so you should just laugh at them.
The thing about drinks, well if one shop doesnt have something that we want then just go to another one.
Maybe just a little coffee shop because they are usually cheaper and dont charge £2 for a cup of froth.
I also agree with the thing about the sandwiches, i just hate the things that they add into things these days.
For instance,
you go into a pie shop and ask for a meat and potato pie and when you start eating it you have a look inside it and you se little carrots and peas and onions and all sorts of things that you didnt ask for.
Do they not realise that we just asked for a plain ______ and we didnt want to eat all the other stuff.
I meen who wants to eat that sorta stuff anyway.The tiger prawn thing.
I tell you what else i dont like too,
those people who wear black things and look really depressed and listen to Marlyn Manson and things like that.
I meen, whats the point.
They wear nothing but black and even eye stuff which is black and paint thier nails black too.
They carved stuff into thier skin like kill me and other stupid stuff.
I dont mind them listening to the music but whats the point in dressing up like what they do.

Its just stupid the stuff that we have in our world today.
Sun 24/02/02 at 12:43
½pint wrote:
> Finally, somebody who has similar views to my own about mobile phones. Heh heh.
> I just hate 'em, ma' Herman.

Me too. We got one with our PC, that I hardly ever use, and I think that they're a waste of a life. People chatting about what they're having for tea. Ridiculous.
Sun 24/02/02 at 12:36
Regular
"You've upset me"
Heheheh, mobiles... grrrrr.

I have one so I can ring my mum and let her know if my trains delayed. And that's all I use it for.

Side note: The Latin name for Avacado translates into "The Testicle Plant"
Sun 24/02/02 at 12:33
Regular
"¬_¬"
Finally, somebody who has similar views to my own about mobile phones. Heh heh. I just hate 'em, ma' Herman.
Sun 24/02/02 at 12:30
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Another quality post that reflects life as I know it GoatBoy. All those things are true and the sandwich bit is the one that really gets up my jumper.
I hate mayo and all the fancy toppings, I want plain things like meat, cheese and the odd salad like tomato or lettuce but there is always something I don't like, especially in M&S. When I leave the pub or club at weekend first thing to do is usually get food, rubbish sandwiches everywhere but a cheap loaf, some toppings (Ham, cheese etc) and I am sorted and also have loads more grub than others.
Never do it when I am sober though : )
Rock on!
Sun 24/02/02 at 11:48
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
dont you hate it when you just sit down on a bench somewhere , or are in a que and someone lights up a cigarette or a many pipe and just stands there smoking it , then by the time you can leave (ie in a que) you stink !
GRRRRR
Sun 24/02/02 at 11:27
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
howarrob wrote:
> ROOM FLUFFY

Yes, big Steph suggested that but what actually replaced it was Room Lovely.
Sun 24/02/02 at 10:20
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Oh my god!

Goatboys got a girlfriend!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.