GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hacked Xbox Live Account"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/10/12 at 08:03
Regular
"I like turtles"
Last night I appear to have had my XBL account hacked, this person has somehow managed to clear out my MS points balance as well as transfer another £21 for purchases which appear in my transactions list on Xbox.com but also appear to have been transferred off my account. These purchases were for a downloadable copy of FIFA 13 & an online pass for this game, a third transaction for a further £42.50 looks like it was declined (either by Paypal, my bank or MS).

Luckily I was actually online when these transactions occurred and spotted them in my email client. I quickly logged into my XBL account (via Xbox.com) and changed my account password which was a good thing as I have repeated emails from MS which would appear that this person was still attempting to access my account after the password change. Once I logged back into my account using the new password (which required a further security check) I found out that I could not remove the payment method from my Xbox account, there is an option to do this but the site does not seem to let you (says something like this option is not available at this time).

Anyway, after getting in a queue to chat to an online MS advisor, one long wait later and I did get to report this problem. The advisor told me that once you enter payment details into your XBL account (either Paypal or Credit card) only MS can remove it! I would strongly suggest anyone in this situation to contact them and get this done. I always redeem pre-paid codes for MS stuff (live subs & points purchases) and actually can't recall ever linking my Paypal account to my XBL account, perhaps it was when I first joined? (which was about 5 years ago).

Anyway, this MS agent has now put a temporary ban on any purchases being made using my XBL account until they complete an investigation on this reported activity. I have to call their helpline when it opens at 9am this morning (the number if anyone needs it is 0800 5871102) to launch this investigation and hopefully get my stolen money back.

Just a heads up really in case anyone on here is also unlucky enough to experience this, as a quick Google search would appear to suggest that this problem is not quite as rare as you might think...
Mon 08/10/12 at 15:54
Regular
"How Ironic"
Ouch, bad luck pete. People seem to be doing this stuff more regularly it seems.

I recently had someone from Japan login to my Facebook account. God knows what they were hoping to achieve from it. Probably hoping I store my bank details on there...

Scary stuff though when you have a lot of information online that is so readily accessible.
Mon 08/10/12 at 08:03
Regular
"I like turtles"
Last night I appear to have had my XBL account hacked, this person has somehow managed to clear out my MS points balance as well as transfer another £21 for purchases which appear in my transactions list on Xbox.com but also appear to have been transferred off my account. These purchases were for a downloadable copy of FIFA 13 & an online pass for this game, a third transaction for a further £42.50 looks like it was declined (either by Paypal, my bank or MS).

Luckily I was actually online when these transactions occurred and spotted them in my email client. I quickly logged into my XBL account (via Xbox.com) and changed my account password which was a good thing as I have repeated emails from MS which would appear that this person was still attempting to access my account after the password change. Once I logged back into my account using the new password (which required a further security check) I found out that I could not remove the payment method from my Xbox account, there is an option to do this but the site does not seem to let you (says something like this option is not available at this time).

Anyway, after getting in a queue to chat to an online MS advisor, one long wait later and I did get to report this problem. The advisor told me that once you enter payment details into your XBL account (either Paypal or Credit card) only MS can remove it! I would strongly suggest anyone in this situation to contact them and get this done. I always redeem pre-paid codes for MS stuff (live subs & points purchases) and actually can't recall ever linking my Paypal account to my XBL account, perhaps it was when I first joined? (which was about 5 years ago).

Anyway, this MS agent has now put a temporary ban on any purchases being made using my XBL account until they complete an investigation on this reported activity. I have to call their helpline when it opens at 9am this morning (the number if anyone needs it is 0800 5871102) to launch this investigation and hopefully get my stolen money back.

Just a heads up really in case anyone on here is also unlucky enough to experience this, as a quick Google search would appear to suggest that this problem is not quite as rare as you might think...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.