GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lance Armstrong: GOAT or cheat?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/08/12 at 08:23
Regular
"I like turtles"
Been reading the statement from Lance Armstrong this morning. All seems a bit suspect to me, surely if there was any truth in this he would not slipped under the radar over such a long and extremely successful career?

Apparently he is now to be stripped of all 7 of his TDF titles and they will be handed to whoever finished behind him (providing they are proven to be clean).

If he really is innocent but just tired of trying to fight these ''nonsense'' allegations then is this not making the world of road cycling a total joke?

Shouldn't these allegations really needed to have been dealt with at the time of these events, not years later and is this now going to open the floodgates for sportsmen to now say someone who beat me years ago was a dirty cheating druggie, give me their title unless they can prove they were not?

What do you guys reckon of Mr. Armstrong, GOAT or cheat?
Fri 18/01/13 at 14:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
Looks like old Lance was just a big cheating b****** then...

EDIT: ....and did anyone feel the least bit sorry for him after that interview?
Sat 25/08/12 at 21:23
Regular
"I like turtles"
Dr. Garin wrote:
For his last win in 2005, you'd have to go down to 6th place to find a person free of doping allegations. Doping in cycling was that bad.

Wow!
Sat 25/08/12 at 18:14
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Warhunt wrote:
Or are you implying that Americans were using doping up until Jamaica were able to catch up on the doping front?

I'm not implying it, I'm stating it. Oh and 2 words, Justin Gatlin.

How 'bout Banana hammock for GB? Was he using steroids? (The irony of course, is that the nickname almost proves that he wasn't ;D )

Except a few years ago when he was coaching, he was found to be using and promptly banned.
Sat 25/08/12 at 18:02
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Dr. Garin wrote:
And now you've used the word inconceivable, I have to watch The Princess Bride!

Now Garin that is a 'trifick' filum ... enjoy ;¬)
Sat 25/08/12 at 17:28
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
pete_21 wrote:
Is it really that inconceivable that the likes of Lance Armstrong & Usain Bolt also hit periods in their careers where they fall into this category without cheating?

Or am I just being extremely naive here?

I guess its just part of our culture now that if anybody succeeds they must be cheating.

Lance Armstrong is a slightly different case though, in that its almost inconceivable that he wasnt cheating. If its confirmed that his TDF titles are taken away then presumably they'd be given to somebody else. For his last win in 2005, you'd have to go down to 6th place to find a person free of doping allegations. Doping in cycling was that bad. Add in his personal reputation and nobody will believe he was clean.

And now you've used the word inconceivable, I have to watch The Princess Bride!
Sat 25/08/12 at 12:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
That 'Banana Hammock' comment was genius!! ;)

I can think of one sportsman who was suspected of cheating about 10 years ago, Valentino Rossi. Not only by certain people within the sport but also fellow competitors who were convinced he was riding illegal machinery. He got so fed up with these accusations that one morning he famously parked outside arch rival and fellow Italian rider Max Biaggi's pit and offered to swap Honda's for the race. Of course Biaggi refused and Honda and the rival teams sponsors would never have allowed such a thing anyway. After Rossi had totally destroyed the field yet again his bike was taken away and stripped down and was found to be....... not only fully legal but identical to the other factory Honda bikes he had just trounced. He went on to win 7 premier class MotoGP world titles over a 9 year period. So one man dominates a sport for nearly a decade and it turned out he wasn't a cheat, he really was THAT much better than everyone else during that time.

Is it really that inconceivable that the likes of Lance Armstrong & Usain Bolt also hit periods in their careers where they fall into this category without cheating?

Or am I just being extremely naive here?
Sat 25/08/12 at 10:34
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
And of course, Jamaicans were not able to use drugs before the last 6 years?

Or are you implying that Americans were using doping up until Jamaica were able to catch up on the doping front?

How 'bout Banana hammock for GB? Was he using steroids? (The irony of course, is that the nickname almost proves that he wasn't ;D )

At a certain point we have to have some faith in the ruling parties, and not take such a cynical view to every single thing that comes along.

I'm not saying blindly believe everything, but you have to give something surely?
Sat 25/08/12 at 01:29
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Warhunt wrote:
Wow, cynical much? Usain Bolt must be on drugs

Interesting. There are actually big question marks over Jamaican sprinters. Their athletics board doesn't test until the big events, which means all their athletes can build up their physiques with muscle stimulants during the quiet months when they're not being tested, which are then not used during the season so that they're undetectable. Strange how Jamaican sprinting suddenly came out of nowhere to dominate in the last 6 years, isn't it?
Sat 25/08/12 at 01:22
Regular
"Monochromatic"
DL wrote:
Just an idle thought on the matter ... would he be taking any 'cancer' drugs during the time in question and would they have been accounted for?

He would have been on a steroid treatment for the duration of his treatment and, I imagine, would have been banned from competing while it was still in his system. So about 6 months after he was cleared.
Sat 25/08/12 at 01:19
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I've always believed he was a cheat. You can't go through the kind of physical battery chemotherapy puts you through and then come back stronger than you were before, certainly not stronger than fully-fit healthy athletes, it simply does not happen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.