GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The reason why PC games suck....."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/02/02 at 00:36
Regular
Patches, feckin patches, i've spent the afternoon trying to downlaod the right drivers to get my graphics card to work with Half-Life, I eventually gave up.

Patches grrrrrrr, I just hope that conosle game developers don't start getting lazy and make you have to download feckin patches.
Fri 22/02/02 at 00:36
Regular
Patches, feckin patches, i've spent the afternoon trying to downlaod the right drivers to get my graphics card to work with Half-Life, I eventually gave up.

Patches grrrrrrr, I just hope that conosle game developers don't start getting lazy and make you have to download feckin patches.
Fri 22/02/02 at 00:38
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
*strokes cable modem*

I've never had any serious compatibility issues, just accept that some games wont work on a certain setup, and it's generally your fault for screwing something up..
Fri 22/02/02 at 06:53
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
*strokes not-quite-existent-yet ADSL modem*

Ditto. Besides, quite often, not only do patches make games work on your PC, they often include extras in games.
Fri 22/02/02 at 12:08
Regular
*strokes cable modem* :P

Patches are a ting you just have to put up with. But they are by far more of a saviour than an annoyance. Just think when you buy a console game and it has something like ooh I don't know, some sort of really annoying bug. Your stuck. You have to put up with it. But on a PC game, if its released with a bug you can sort it. With drivers you've just got to accept that if your not running the right system some games are not going to work on it. Fact of life.
Fri 22/02/02 at 15:20
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
> The reason why PC games suck.....

Cos they don't have any decent controllers to play the games with!

:)
Fri 22/02/02 at 15:26
Regular
"A man with a stick"
*strokes cable modem smugly* :D

You have'nt really explained how patches make PC games suck so much. I've played bug ridden games on both PC and PS2, the difference is patches help fix these bugs on the PC, while consoles have to put up with the developers mistakes forever.
Fri 22/02/02 at 16:35
*waits for cable modem to arrive, shall stroke it when it does*

I prefer a mouse and a keyboard when it comes to gaming, dont like using them little console controllers.
Fri 22/02/02 at 17:15
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Whats with all this stroking you bunch of pervies !!

I play Pc games and Console games and to make life easier I always check the PC requirements first and I have never had any probs - the only patch I have downloaded was for RA2 which gave the ability to save skirmish mode games - whatever else it did made no noticable difference to anything.

** Quit the stroking !! **
Fri 22/02/02 at 19:31
Regular
"That's right!"
Good thing about patches is though, they can fix a buggy game

Whereas if a console game comes out with bugs (ie. GTA3) you're all... um... messed
Sat 23/02/02 at 18:37
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
PC games may very well suck... but if they do, do they then spit or swallow?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.