GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wahey! Pikmin 2 and Mario 128 confirmed :D"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Tue 10/12/02 at 16:37
Regular
Taken from cube-europe:

Now, we already had an idea that they were on their way, but Miyamoto-san himself has confirmed the development of both Pikmin 2 and Mario 128. Little is known about the two titles, but Miyamoto did say this about Mario 128...

"I believe that with this game you'll be able to feel the "newness" that was missing from Mario Sunshine."

------------
Maybe by newness he means Pikmin with little Marios (i.e.128 of them) incorporating both of the games into one sequel.

I doubt it, but it's an idea ;)
Tue 10/12/02 at 20:49
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Strafex wrote:
> Tribute wrote:
> SMS? Lack length? HA! If you scoured for all 120 shines you'd be
> playing well into a month...
>
> No. Not really.
>
> I did that within 2-3 weeks of light play.
>
> Well not quite. I'm lacking 2 shines down to blue coins, but they're
> so dull and tedious to get that I didn't think it worth my while to
> hunt down, especially as they're in such obscure places.

I was bored of the amazingly repetitive tasks and general gameplay by the time I'd got around 80 Shines - and I haven't played it since.

Searching for 100 normal coins on each level is fine but blue (and to some extent red) coin hunting is just the result of laziness in trying to extend the games lifespan, along with many of the other tasks that are the same on each level.
Tue 10/12/02 at 20:52
Cool, I'll enjoy both of those titles. Me thinks there will now be evil Pikmin...Maybe not...

Mario should be good. But I am really looking forward to a new Mario Kart.

(:)
Tue 10/12/02 at 20:58
Regular
Mario 128 a puzzle game? I doubt it. To quote Shigeru Miyamoto, he's hoping it has 'the newness Sunshine lacked'. For some people, it's going to be the game SMS should have been - so it's most likely to be another great platforming adventure.

Personally, I thought Super Mario Sunshine was great...
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:00
Regular
Hopefully Mario 128 will be Pilotwings with 128 Marios in it......okay probably not.

Should be some form of Platform game me thinks.

Pikmin 2's gonna rule, I can't wait. Hopefully be much bigger this time....maybe 2 player co-operative mode....not sure how that would work but it would be intresting.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hopefully both shall rule the gaming world for years.

And Pilotwings, Rush 2049 and Body Harvest all get sequals exclsively for GC.

If only.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:04
Regular
SmokedKipper wrote:
> Searching for 100 normal coins on each level is fine but blue (and to
> some extent red) coin hunting is just the result of laziness in trying
> to extend the games lifespan, along with many of the other tasks that
> are the same on each level.

I'm happy with the red one, because even if they are hard to get to (which is fine by me - I like a challenge), atleast they're not stupidly hidden in an obscure place where you can only find them by spraying EVERY SINGLE OBJECT in the game and hope for the best...

Those blue coins are just a nuisance.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeed.

But its still cool.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:09
Regular
Cyclone wrote:

> And Pilotwings, Rush 2049 and Body Harvest all get sequals exclsively
> for GC.

I'll second that. Rush 2049 fookin rocked, pity not many people took much notice of it.

It had some of the sweetest multiplayer modes on the N64.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:10
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Mario Sunshine was a long game if you collected all red and blue coins, as well as the other 100. Yes, you do have to look in some strange places to find the coins but thats the whole point of the game.
Tue 10/12/02 at 21:10
Regular
Strafex wrote:

> Those blue coins are just a nuisance.

The thing is though they aren't a must, they're only there if you really wanna complete the game fully. If you can't be bothered with them then it won't stop you from seeing the end sequence.

Kipper you complain about the red coins but it was exactly the same in Mario 64. Personally I see no problem with them at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.