GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario 128 predictions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Mario Galaxy'.
Thu 12/12/02 at 00:04
Regular
If you don't know what I'm talking about his have a quick read through this.

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2283

What could it be?

In the works we've already got

Mario Kart
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf

We've already had Mario Sunshine and Mario Party so what the hell could this be? Could it simply be one of the mentioned games just under a different name? First guesses it's a Mario Sunshine 2. Although I'm not too sure, it seems a little close to the last one to me.

Maybe it's just a mini game to a new Pokemon Stadium. What do you think, ideas?
Thu 12/12/02 at 00:21
Regular
Starlight wrote:

> An RPG idea is interesting but I remember a SNES Mario game before
> which tried it and it didn't prove too popular at all, plus it was
> pants apparently.

Mario RPG on the SNES was made by Square and apparently rocked. It was never released in this country though.

If it's an RPG hopefully they won't have turn based combat.
Thu 12/12/02 at 00:21
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Well his trip to Delfino Island was a one off. And another holiday would seem strange so it's gotta be set back in Mushroom Kingdom.
Thu 12/12/02 at 00:19
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I suppose a Mario 64 sequel would be the most obvious guess.

Mario 64
Mario 128

Pants name, but obvious sequel eh.

An RPG idea is interesting but I remember a SNES Mario game before which tried it and it didn't prove too popular at all, plus it was pants apparently. Mario is Missing I think it was called but I may be wrong there.
Thu 12/12/02 at 00:16
Regular
Mario Sunshine was a true sequel to Mario 64 though.

I reckon it'll be some kind of RPG type game....though another platform game would rock...needs to have Snow levels though.
Thu 12/12/02 at 00:12
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
cookie monster wrote:
> The fact that it almost screams that its in the same boat as SMS is a
> clue. Im guessing it will be Miyamoto's true vision of a Mario 64
> sequel.

I would like to see that actually. Mario Sunshine was pants in the fact that there wern't that many levels and they were all roughly based around the same hot desert island theme.

Now all join with me and chant..

"We want snowy worlds!"
Thu 12/12/02 at 00:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The fact that it almost screams that its in the same boat as SMS is a clue. Im guessing it will be Miyamoto's true vision of a Mario 64 sequel.
Thu 12/12/02 at 00:08
Regular
i would have thought it would be a platformer/puzzle type affair with loads of little mario buggers running about!
lol, or maybe mario gets made into 128 little ones and you have to go around collecting them?!!?

actually, scrap that im tired and im seeing funny things on my screen!
Thu 12/12/02 at 00:04
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
If you don't know what I'm talking about his have a quick read through this.

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2283

What could it be?

In the works we've already got

Mario Kart
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf

We've already had Mario Sunshine and Mario Party so what the hell could this be? Could it simply be one of the mentioned games just under a different name? First guesses it's a Mario Sunshine 2. Although I'm not too sure, it seems a little close to the last one to me.

Maybe it's just a mini game to a new Pokemon Stadium. What do you think, ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.