GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BBC on Xbox Live. Sky on PS3?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/07 at 17:04
Regular
Click

The BBC are in talks with Microsoft to bring some of their programs onto Xbox live for downloads. Planet Earth in HD? Thanks very much. How much disc space do you reckon a 1 hour HD programme would need though? And how long would it take to download? Also, are people prepared to pay for programmes that they've already paid for once through the TV licence?

The article also mentions that Sky have signed a deal with Sony to have their programmes available to buy through the Sony store (or whatever it's called). Although I've not heard anything about that anywhere else so have no idea of prices etc.

The PS3 is getting slightly appealing though, with the addition of PVR functionality being added in the spring. Although you'd need some sort of USB add-on I guess to plug the aerial into, which would be a shame. However, you can build a half decent HTPC for the £400 a PS3 would cost. This wouldn't have a BR player in though, and chances are the games wouldn't look as good.

Still, we're getting closer and closer to the whole "one box under the telly does all though".
Mon 01/10/07 at 22:35
Regular
"Mooching around"
pb wrote:
> and I want an HDTV to use it properly :D

I have a beautiful 40" Samsung, black finish HDTV, with 5.1 surround sound, boasting more bass than the walls of your house can withstand :)

Not that I'm gloating or anything =P
Mon 01/10/07 at 22:50
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Never gloat, theres always somebody around who has something bigger and better. :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.