GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uncle Albert's Counter-Strike Thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/02/02 at 15:53
Regular
Having just got back into the online gaming scene, I thought I'd start up my own thread about my favourite online game - Counter-Strike. Before I start a discussion about it, I just wanna find out who else actually plays it around here.
Mon 18/02/02 at 13:50
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Muah, I stick to jolt/UK2 servers, never get a ping above 30. I'm a complete CS addict, play for hours a day, and I'm finally beginning to suck less...woop. Favourite maps? I'm playing dust and siege a lot at the moment..
Mon 18/02/02 at 16:14
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I was wondering when you'd show up Reaper. I, too, use the Jolt servers a fair bit. However, unlike you however, I've never had a ping of 30 or below (understandable on a dial-up connection).
Still, ADSL should sort that out!
You heard anything about CS 1.4? A friend of mine today told me they're going to include molotov cocktails for the terrorists and shields for the CTs!! Is this true? Can the Half-Life (i.e. Quake 2) engine handle it?!

We'll see...
Mon 18/02/02 at 17:15
Regular
"That's right!"
Reaper[oV] wrote:
> Favourite maps? I'm playing dust and siege a lot at the moment..

------------

Yeah, Dust is good, so is as_tundra, the snow level, I can't believe it's barely played! Must better than that survivor rubbish
Mon 18/02/02 at 20:05
I love playing counter-strike, ive only been playing since xmas when i decided to buy half-life. I havent tried any other mods, but ill probably go for action half life because action quake 2 was good.

I heard that there were going to be stamina levels in 1.4 which will limit the jumping. Its going to be too realisitc which spoils the fun.
Tue 19/02/02 at 10:58
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm on Day of Defeat all the time at the moment, 2.0 has just been released and it makes the whole game alot more realistic. A new recoil system, some cool new maps and a new machine gun unit are some of the new addidions in the game, and if CS puts in an equal amount of improvements, then 1.4 will be ace. Firearms is also a great mod, and they too have a new update on the way - 2.6, check firearmsmod.com if you want to download it.
Tue 19/02/02 at 13:04
It's too bad that I have an absolutely toilet version of Half Life (and Counterstrike, mind you), because it sounds like such a great game. However, Tactical Ops is a pretty decent substitute, blowing terrorists to hell all night long! Does anyone know where I can get an update for Half Life, that will definately work? I don't wanna download 70-80 Megabyte file for 5 hours, only to find out that it's no use or does not work.
Tue 19/02/02 at 15:33
Damn, I hate Cheater-Strike so much :(
Wed 20/02/02 at 12:18
Regular
Desert Beetle wrote:

> Tactical Ops is a pretty decent substitute, blowing terrorists to hell all night
> long!

YEAH! FInally someone who plays Tactical Ops :D COme to the UK² Jolt server at unreal://195.149.21.125:7817 and I will gve you a game :)

My handle is [UK²]R3Co][L
Wed 20/02/02 at 13:55
Is Tactical Ops a stand a,one game ?
Or is it a mod for unreal tournement ..or another game.
It looks great, and might start playing once i get cable modem.
Wed 20/02/02 at 13:56
Regular
At the moment it is a modification for UT mate. It is being made as a standalone right now and should be about the end of March. If you get Cable soon I suggest downloading the mod and playing it to death, that way when the standalone comes out you will have a headstart in the TO world :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.