GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uncle Albert's Counter-Strike Thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/02/02 at 15:53
Regular
Having just got back into the online gaming scene, I thought I'd start up my own thread about my favourite online game - Counter-Strike. Before I start a discussion about it, I just wanna find out who else actually plays it around here.
Sun 17/02/02 at 15:53
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Having just got back into the online gaming scene, I thought I'd start up my own thread about my favourite online game - Counter-Strike. Before I start a discussion about it, I just wanna find out who else actually plays it around here.
Sun 17/02/02 at 17:36
Yeah Counter Strike is a great game. I used to play a lot, but got fed up of playing on it with a 56k modem. But at the end of the month im switching to cable internet. So then i'll start playing again. Although i'll have to download counter strike and the half life updates again.
Do you play any other mods ? I like firearms, day of defeat and action half life too.
Sun 17/02/02 at 18:14
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Counter-Strike is a fine game but I think going commercial is going to kill its success. It being released against other titles like New World Order, Team Factor and a few others all of which boast better graphics, gameplay modes and a variaty of weapons,skins and maps. The whole reason CS became such a success is because it was FREE but if it's brought out at the same price as a much better looking better playing game then people are obviously going to want to get their moneys worth. Which is too bad as CS really is good.
Sun 17/02/02 at 18:29
Regular
"That's right!"
Man, haven't played it for ages

Loaded it up a couple of months ago and it just didn't feel right. It hasn't changed since I played it before and loved it, so I dunno why that was

Maybe my taste in games is changing
Sun 17/02/02 at 19:57
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
To answer your question, Wierd Kid, I don't normally play any other mods. I tried Day of Defeat once but didn't really get on with it so stuck to what do best - CS!
Sun 17/02/02 at 20:39
Yeah, Counter strike is the best of the mods, but day of defeat can be fun. The best level is dod_hill, which is great for sniping. All the Axis start in this fort on top of a hill, and if you are allies you can lie down on the hills where you start, and pick each one off as they leave the fort.
But at the same time, they are also sniping you, so it's really fun, and easily the best map of the game. I do like firearms though, is a very fun mod, and has a large selection of weapons and maps. Can't wait until i get cable, will be able to start playing again :)
Sun 17/02/02 at 20:48
i'm in the process of getting it from a mate as i didn't feel like downloading 76MB. i've been playing network games at college and it's great
Sun 17/02/02 at 20:48
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Actually, I only just started playing it again last night for the first time since Summer last year. Trouble is, now, my ping is like 230 and rockets to about 1000 every 20 seconds or so!
So, I've decided to get ADSL this month, when I get a job.
Sun 17/02/02 at 20:50
My ping is normally around 800-1000, and can get up to around 1200. Which is very annoying. Some my friends in this area have cable, and they have pings of around 10 :)
So hopefully mine will be just as good
Sun 17/02/02 at 22:08
Regular
"That's right!"
Cable makes ALL the difference

Sometimes everyone can get lagged except those with really low pings, and you just pick them off :)

Anyway, my ping is usually around 20-30, sometimes lower

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.