GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD Region Free"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/02/02 at 21:23
Regular
Hi,

Is this product any good? Seems that u dont need a dedicated memory card as u do for DVD Region X.

Also, do u need to swap discs?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Fri 22/02/02 at 13:48
pop
Tue 19/02/02 at 17:25
it it true that PSi2 is gonna have DVD region X free next month???
Tue 19/02/02 at 12:28
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I'd get Region X but it seems to expensive just to play certain DVDs on a PS2. They should make their product better maybe allowing the ability to play VCDs on a PS2 because I've got loads and that would be sweet.
Sat 16/02/02 at 23:35
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I'm not sure. What do you mean by Backup DVD's? Do you mean the proper DVD's that cost £5 for a blank one, and about £400 for the writer? Or do you mean VCD's that you get from a dodgy character at the local carboot sale where they are not on DVDs, but compressed onto a CD.

If you mean the first choice, then yes the PS2 should play them, even without the need for DVD region X as most DVD players will play DVDR's. (although don't quote me on that).

If you mean VCD's then the PS2 will NEVER play them.
Sat 16/02/02 at 23:26
thx. Does it enable play of backup DVDs?

TomUK wrote:
> Region X does need a swap trick, so does Region free and AR2v2.
Region X does
> fix the green screen. You have my word on that.
Sat 16/02/02 at 23:25
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
It takes about 10kb on the memory card (I think!)
Sat 16/02/02 at 23:24
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Region X does need a swap trick, so does Region free and AR2v2.
Region X does fix the green screen. You have my word on that.
Sat 16/02/02 at 23:21
do you have to do a swap thing.

Also, its supposed to fix green dvd playback prob. is that so. i thought green prob was a hardware measure which would require a physical fix.

thx in advance.

WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Guys - DVD Region X does not require it's own dedicated memory card; you can use
> a card with other stuff on it.
Sat 16/02/02 at 22:10
Regular
"Back For Good"
how big is the file?
Sat 16/02/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Well im confirming that it does im just saying that ive heard from a few people that it does
Ok?
Cya

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.