GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I buy a PC?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/02/02 at 13:31
Regular
Give me reasons to, and maybe I will.
Wed 27/02/02 at 11:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Cooky wrote:
> Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Give me reasons to, and maybe I will.

Cos then you
> can play such BRILLIANT games like Wave Race: Blue Storm, Rogue Leader, Luigi's
> Mansion, Mario, Zelda, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Kameo, Pikmin, etc
> etc

Oh no, your gonna need a GAMECUBE to play all those BRILLIANT
> games!

:)

00000 what a plug :D

Yes but hes asking about a PC which can play such quality titles as Medal of Honour:Allied Assault, Warrior Kings, Soldier of fortune 2, Deus Ex 2,Duke Nukem forever, Counter-Strike, Aliens vs Predator, Unreal 2, Quake 4, Doom 3 etc..

And these BRILLIEN games can only be played on the PC!
Wed 27/02/02 at 11:52
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
cipro wrote:

Yes but hes asking about a PC which can play such quality titles as Medal
> of Honour:Allied Assault, Warrior Kings, Soldier of fortune 2, Deus Ex 2,Duke
> Nukem forever, Counter-Strike, Aliens vs Predator, Unreal 2, Quake 4, Doom 3
> etc..

And these BRILLIEN games can only be played on the PC!

"BRILLIEN" eh !

Yes but for how long - rumours of conversions to various consoles for some of these games are already springing around.
Wed 27/02/02 at 12:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Jesus one mistake and I'm castrated. I meant Brilliant by the way.

Well then conversions, Medal of honour is making an appearance on the PS2 but centres around Operation Market Garden and not the push into Normandy the PC version is about.

Warrior kings is a RTS game, and like most RTS games for the PC, probably won't make it onto the console market.

I've seen the original Soldier of Fortune on PS2 and it looks crap. Whether or not its sequel is converted remains to be seen, but if it is then its more than likely going to be on the XBOX.

The PS2 has yet to get the original Deus Ex, and the PC is yet to get the sequel, so it’s a bit early to tell whether or not no.2 will be converted.

I know that the consoles will be getting a Duke game but I don't think it will be Duke nukem forever.

Counter-Strike may be more likely to convert because of a retail version heading its way onto the PC, so you never know.

I do know PS2 is getting an Aliens game. Alien: colonial marines its called, But its not Aliens Versus Predator.

Unreal 2, Quake 4, and doom 3 have yet to make it onto the PC, and if they are ever converted then it’s going to be a long wait just like Half-Life was.
Wed 27/02/02 at 12:20
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Give me reasons to, and maybe I will.

A decent PC is the most powerful games beasty of them all, especially if it contains a pixel-bashing, vertex smashing Geforce4 Ti. Yummy!
Wed 27/02/02 at 12:38
"High polygon count"
nh wrote:
> Sorry oh exalted hairy one - I was just replying to the

> (Well, 'them', because I already have one!)

Ah, but is it a MAXX? That's what I was implying! :-)
Wed 27/02/02 at 13:29
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
cipro wrote:
Yes but hes asking about a PC which can play such quality titles as Medal
> of Honour:Allied Assault, Warrior Kings, Soldier of fortune 2, Deus Ex 2,Duke
> Nukem forever, Counter-Strike, Aliens vs Predator, Unreal 2, Quake 4, Doom 3
> etc..

> And these BRILLIEN games can only be played on the PC!

LOL! I just noticed something! What happens if Mr.Snuggly wants to actually play something other than FPS's??? Or he doesn't even like FPS's???

All the games you mention getting a PC for are all FPS's! (well i don't know what Warrior Kings is tho)! This is the problem I find with most PC owners. All they seem to play is either FPS's, Command n Conquer type games, or Diablo type games! They virtually never play anything else!

Why spend £1000 getting a PC decent enough to actually play all the games you mentioned when for as little as £165 you could get a Gamecube, and then be able to play a VARIETY of different games, also with a DECENT controller!

:)
Wed 27/02/02 at 13:58
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Good point coocky, so I'll give you some more:

Stratagy
Age of Mythology, Empire Earth, Red Alert2, Hostile Waters, Shogu: Total War, Imperium Galactica 3:Genisis etc...

Adventure
Theif 3, Mafia:City of Lost Haven, System Shock2, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Star Wars: Jedi Knight Outcast, Majestic, etc...

Online games
Global ops, planetside, Neocron, Earth & beyond, Dark age of camelot, Unreal Tornement 2, Star Wars:Galaxies, Motor city online etc...

RPG
Neverwinter Nights, Republic: The revolution, Icewind Dale 2, Loose Cannon, Arcanum, Asherons call 2, Grim Fandango etc...

There are others, but I don't want to be here all day typing.
Wed 27/02/02 at 14:32
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> nh wrote:
> Sorry oh exalted hairy one - I was just replying to the

>
> (Well, 'them', because I already have one!)

Ah, but is it a MAXX? That's
> what I was implying! :-)

I stand corrected, bow before your vastly superior intellect and apologise most profusely....

Is that enough grovelling !
Wed 27/02/02 at 14:40
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
This looks like it's starting to be one of those pc's better than console etc type of debates now.

Lets face it most of us here have pc's and consoles and use both. They both have their advantages and disadvantages and debates on wether or not you should buy X because 1 game might be better or not are a waste of time.
Wed 27/02/02 at 15:07
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Yer, on PC's you can do stuff like create computer generated graphics using programs like 3D Max, create animations using Flash, create webpages, type documents .....

On console's you can play quality games!

:)~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.