GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Crystal Maze!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/12/02 at 17:45
Regular
Remember the Crystal Maze? All ways on late on Channel 4. Every child loved it but it was on at about 10pm when we were young and then they moved it forward so everyone could watch it.

You had to love this program, whether it was Richard O'Briens maniac like appearance, and random screamings of "mmmmmmumsy" as he entered the medieval section, or the complex and warm appearance of the aztec area. The funniest thing was watching the fat people having to do balancing events or the nerdy people having to use strength and failing miserably and getting locked in. Another source of amusement is when they actually get the crystal and are on their way back when they accidentally drop it in some swamp or something and can't find it again.

This show was the Daddy, collecting the tokens in a giant wind filled crystal with the crazy O'brien shouting completely random encouragement at them, followed by laughter when they had a negative score, was more amusing (well maybe not) than watching the lovely melinda messenger prance around on the comparitavely crap Fort Boyard.

In terms of Areas: medieval and aztec quite clearly ruled. Futuristic was pretty crap and industrial was a laugh, especially the maze level.

In fact Crystal Maze was probably the best program on at the time, then it all went horribly wrong when O'Brien left and was replaced with the rather lame Ed Tudor Pole who didn't really stand a chance of replacing O'Brien as he might well have been sane, had a dodgy hair cut, and was about 6'5.

Anyway i think a crystal maze conversation is in order, main topics are best area, best level, O'Brien as a mad man, Ed tudor Pole poorest replacement ever?

Ah fond memories
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:10
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Dun dun dun dunnnn dun dun

Din din din din din din dun dunn dun

do da de deeee da ratta tat.

It's hot in this "aztec kingdom". Let's all go worship the sun.
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:09
Regular
"bing bang bong"
The future zone had some wicked games. Indeed, the Crystal Maze is an icon of British TV, no other gameshow was or is anything like it :O/ The funniest part of CM was watching unfeasibly stupid people attempt to work out how to solve unfeasibly simple problems, all the while their unfeasibly stupid team mates all try and shout the answer at once and end up droning each other out.
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:07
Regular
Ashley wrote:

>
> you will die if you are lying, i will look it up

You must die now! The legend himself was in "Elvira's Haunted Hills" (2002), this year so it is highly unlikely you are right. It sounds like one of this urban myths like "zac from saved by the bell is dead" perhaps the most common of the "somebody's dead" rumours of our generation
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:06
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
That's what she said.
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:02
Regular
"Notable"
the baldy fella was the best.
....."I'll have a phsical please"
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:01
Regular
Judah Ben-Hur wrote:
> Didn't he like, die?
> In a motorcycling accident.

you will die if you are lying, i will look it up
Tue 17/12/02 at 18:00
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Didn't he like, die?
In a motorcycling accident.
Tue 17/12/02 at 17:51
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Stop with this signing nonce sense. You feeble-minded n00b.
Tue 17/12/02 at 17:51
Regular
The bald guy was king.
>
> Sam41

I address him using correct name and title,

Lord O'Brien, High Ruler Of The Crystal Maze
Tue 17/12/02 at 17:49
Also there is this other guy who sometimes present it, and he has hair. It definately is'nt as good. The bald guy was king.

Sam41

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.