GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo online on........"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/01/03 at 12:52
Regular
March the 7th in Europe. Bit sooner than expected then, that's when Phantasy Star Online is launched....looks like i'll be getting one of them then.
Wed 08/01/03 at 19:12
Regular
i use xbox live all the time and i have my gc broadband adaptor, with PSO. it works fine.

xbox live is better due to headset etc and more online fun!

but again its only early days for gc online.

also in case you didnt know, i dont think blueyonder will back nintendo seeings as they are the official xbox live isp.

they sponsor it you see. whereas telewest are cheeky gits! as of march 2003 when xbox live is officially released in stores you will ned to pay a subscription fee to telewest. they say this is due to tha use of a seperate IP address. Now this is rubbish as if you think about it, having two or more PCs on a LAN in your own home uses more than one IP address and you dont get charged for that!
all you need to do is use ICS on your PC setup and use your PCs MAC address in the Xbox live setup
Wed 08/01/03 at 17:41
Regular
"^_^"
How cool is that! All I need is a router and the broadband modem and I will be able to play at 600k! :D
Wed 08/01/03 at 15:00
Regular
"Remember me?"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Tony Hawk's would be great online. I'd whip you all :D.

Sounds like fighting talk to me, "dude".
Wed 08/01/03 at 10:50
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
adrian wrote:
> I am not with AOL :) And I am not getting GC online as the only game
> planned is PSO which I dont want. If they had stuff like Mario Kart,
> Metriod Prime then I would get it.

---

They'll be sure to have more titles going online soon enough.

Just wait - if Nintendo Online is ready, then Nintendo will be ready with some of their good games too, I'm sure.
Wed 08/01/03 at 10:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
phi11ip wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> Just thought I would point out that AOL wont work with GC online.
> Been
> reading this document http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube
> (SPACE)
> /file/gamecube_modem_bb.txt
>
> Hahah!
>
> Serves you right for going with AOL!

I am not with AOL :) And I am not getting GC online as the only game planned is PSO which I dont want. If they had stuff like Mario Kart, Metriod Prime then I would get it.
Wed 08/01/03 at 10:31
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
cookie monster wrote:
> AOL wont work?
>
> *swears*

Yep due to you having to connect with the browser. Any dial-up or broandband that need a special piece of software to connect to the internet wont work. AOL doesnt work with XBox Live either.
Tue 07/01/03 at 23:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
AOL wont work?

*swears*
Tue 07/01/03 at 23:23
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
adrian wrote:
> Just thought I would point out that AOL wont work with GC online. Been
> reading this document http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube (SPACE)
> /file/gamecube_modem_bb.txt

Hahah!

Serves you right for going with AOL!
Tue 07/01/03 at 23:15
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Just thought I would point out that AOL wont work with GC online. Been reading this document http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube (SPACE) /file/gamecube_modem_bb.txt
Tue 07/01/03 at 22:42
Regular
"Touched!"
I can't wait and only 5 days after my b'day, i know what i want now! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.