GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cilit Bang"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/08/07 at 22:11
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I just caught one of their adverts and it showed a woman using Cilit Bang on her bath because she believed it wouldn't work. My questions are just because she didn't believe that particular cleaning product wouldn't work, why didn't she use another one and how did her bath get in such a state in the first place?!
Thu 02/08/07 at 22:11
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I just caught one of their adverts and it showed a woman using Cilit Bang on her bath because she believed it wouldn't work. My questions are just because she didn't believe that particular cleaning product wouldn't work, why didn't she use another one and how did her bath get in such a state in the first place?!
Thu 02/08/07 at 22:21
Thu 02/08/07 at 22:23
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Haha, I've seen that before, but it doesn't answer my questions. :(
Thu 02/08/07 at 22:35
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Watch that ad closely, and listen. You can tell that she is not saying al lthe stuff you hear in that ad. It's dubbed.

Also, I can't remember if it's visible in the new ad (I think it is), but in the one before it, you saw a woman spraying some onto an apparently dirty window, then wiping it in a completely different place where she hadn't sprayed, but then wiping across where she did spray. Somehow, the bit where she didn't spray it is just as clean as the rest.

Also, that Harpic advert - they mention limescale and rust. How the hell do you get rust in your toilet bowl? Maybe on really old ones, but not the ones you get now. If toilets went rusty, they'd all be coated in it in no time after just a few flushes.
Thu 02/08/07 at 22:43
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I love the way everything in people's houses is affected by 'limescale, rust and ground-in dirt' and they do nothing about it until Cilit Bang comes along. So magical. :)

Also on the topic of adverts, I've noticed a lot are now starting to state they are advertisments just in case you believe it to be the news or something. The best one is for toothpaste or something like that and it shows a load of scientists looking at an image of teeth and in the bottom right corner it says 'dramatisation'. :)
Thu 02/08/07 at 22:48
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
YEah, there was one like that a while back about compensation. It looked a lot like Trisha or some sort of show similar to that. There was a presenter and no-one to actually interview on it, so she asked someone from the audience, all of whom were sat on really cheap chairs which simply aren't like that on a real show.
Thu 02/08/07 at 22:50
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Barry Scott - a legend in his own ad break.
But the penny test ... the penny test. When I saw that I sprinted to the supermarket, and when I got there they'd put Cilit Bang next to Mr Muscle. I didn't know which way to turn!
Thu 02/08/07 at 22:52
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Haha, has anyone tried the penny test here? It seems like one of those things you have to do before you die or atleast that what Barry Scott makes it sound like when he says 'It actually works!'
Thu 02/08/07 at 22:55
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I used Cilit Bang on my carpet a while back, I think I spilt blood all over the floor, and after giving off a white bleachy liquid from the floor, it got rid of the blood and left the carpet as god as new. I was told that it would ruin the carpet.
Thu 02/08/07 at 22:58
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
You should reinact that on an advert, you'd make a lot of money: I'm sure they'd pay a lot for your story. :)

Why was there blood on the carpet by the way?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.