GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Little Ditty for you"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/01/02 at 14:32
Regular
Go back over the wonders of PHP and it's useage...

I've just compiled a page of links for a political site I have been working on, in all there are over 800 of them on this page...

Out of this 800+ there are:
200 using ASP and 1 using PHP! That's right... 1...

Now all of these are large global sites of major status, so if PHP is that amazing, how come only one of them uses it?
Fri 18/01/02 at 16:45
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
http://htmlgoodies.earthweb.com/aspdir.html will take you to a site teaching ASP.
Fri 18/01/02 at 16:38
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
OK...since I don't really know anything about PHP or ASP and you guys seem to talk about them all the time, could someone point me in the right direction (i.e. a decent website), where I can learn all about it? It would be much appreciated!
Fri 18/01/02 at 16:05
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Myabe they all know PHP is better but it would be too much of a job to change, maybe I have no idea what i'm talking about.
Fri 18/01/02 at 15:12
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Maybe because ASP is a Microsoft thing, and everyone knows Microsoft :o)

But when I was getting into the whole Web Site area, I was thinking ASP is the thing to use, but now I've done some research, I feel PHP is better .... as it's cheaper :o)

Guess those sites just don't do research. Channel 5 use PHP, so guess they were clever little:o)
Fri 18/01/02 at 14:32
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Go back over the wonders of PHP and it's useage...

I've just compiled a page of links for a political site I have been working on, in all there are over 800 of them on this page...

Out of this 800+ there are:
200 using ASP and 1 using PHP! That's right... 1...

Now all of these are large global sites of major status, so if PHP is that amazing, how come only one of them uses it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.