GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy X International - ahhhhh, the joy!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X'.
Tue 18/02/03 at 13:45
Regular
Thanks to the lovely boot disc (which is rapidly becoming my favourite possession!) I loaded up this for the first time today. The first FF game I've seen playing at full speed on a full screen ;-) Can't wait to get stuck into it again to see the whole thing in the correct proportions!

I also got a Japanese copy of Tekken Tag for £8, so I can now enjoy Tekken at full speed too. Although that will all be meaningless by the end of next month... SOUL CALIBUR! Woohoo!
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:59
Regular
"Hmmm....."
And they will work with the Neo2.2 modchip?

If so, can you gimme the place you bought yours from... if its English.

:-)
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:57
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Oh, in that case you probably need the Swap Magic discs! (by the way, in DVDrX you press start instead of selecting a region and pushing x... dunno if this applies for AR2)
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Hmmm....."
And of course, I dont recommend modifying your console for playing copied games which you dont already own.

Which you can buy from SR... and then back-up... and *then* play.

But not just on their own.

:-D
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:53
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Well the DVD Region X is all a part of the Action Replay 2. And that does nothing.

I just want to play actual DVD disks on my machine instead of having CD based back-up copies. Most things are ripped out and sometimes even come on more than one disk.

So I just want to play back-up DVD disk games using the Neo2.2 modchip and AR2.

Seen many ways of doing it, supposedly, on the net but none of them worked.
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:50
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Kinda. Y'know how you stick a disk into the PS1? Well thats what the flip-top turns your PS2 into. It has the same thing on top where you open that flip thing and pop a disk in so you dont have to open the tray and so the signal isnt triggered. And so it will boot nicely.

You get me?
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:50
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Is it the Action Replay part you have trouble with? I know how to get DVD region X to work as a boot disc for chipped machines (undocumented features, I love it!) and I've read about doing it with AR2, but can't remember off the top of my head.

I don't like chipping cos I don't want anybody soldering stuff in my machine. I guess it's horses for courses though.
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:46
So it's a bit like how the GC works, then?
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Yeah, I know... you slide the little lever across until the tray pops out about an ince by itself and then you pull the rest out manually.

But, ive had 3 mates all try this.

All 3 machines were bust by the end of 2 weeks. Maybe they were doing it wrong but they followed the steps off the site they bought all the stuff off and then were left gutted after a few weeks.

Myself, I have a modchip. Crappy Neo2.2. If I was anyone looking into this lot I would personally go for a mod-chip. Messiah 2 to be precise. The flip-top would be my second choice because I dont like the thought of having to swap every so often. Although it does boot every game like Messiah 2.

Darwock, seeing as though you seem to know lots about this kinda stuff along with myself...

You wouldnt possibly know how to boot DVD-R games with the Neo2.2 modchip + Action Replay 2... would ye?
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:42
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Wow, it's like simultaneous loving baby...
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:41
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Hercules it won't destroy your PS2 unless you do it wrong. You don't just pull the tray out, that would screw it up. You catch this white spindle and slide it, and then the tray pops out slightly by itself - at which point you can pull it no problem.

However I still recommend the flip-top. It's not a home made thing, it's a professionally cast new case. You take off the cover of the DVD drive so that the discs can be put directly in, and then put on the new case.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.