GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Album Recommendation Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/07 at 10:21
Regular
Right, this is kind of similar to the recommend me thread but I felt like a thread with a specific medium would be more useful. Basically just recommend an album that you want to tell people about including its title, genre, perhaps a link to the cover and give the track listing. I do this on another forum I frequent and it's so useful for discovering new music as long as people don't go too mainstream such as recommending something like The Killers, i.e. bands that pretty much everyone knows already.

To get things started:

Family Force 5 - Business up front, party in the back

Cover

1. "Cadillac Phunque" – 3:27
2. "Kountry Gentleman" – 3:23
3. "X-Girlfriend" – 3:38
4. "Drama Queen" – 3:51
5. "Put Ur Hands Up" – 4:20
6. "Love Addict" – 2:52
7. "Earthquake" – 3:05
8. "Replace Me" – 3:35
9. "Lose Urself" – 3:10
10. "Peachy" – 3:46
11. "Supersonic" – 3:07
12. "Numb" – 3:11

Rocky rappy christian band, can't help but find it catchy though, no doubt many haters of the music but its keeping me entertained lately.

Example - We didn't invent the remix

1. Eyeballs Painted Black F/ The Rolling Stones (Paint It, Black)
2. Loneliness Costs F/ Harry Nilsson (One)
3. One Night F/ José González (Heartbeats)
4. Dead Famous F/ The Streets (When You Wasn't Famous)
5. Vile F/ Lily Allen (Smile)
6. Diamond Day F/ Vashti Bunyan (Diamond Day)
7. Toxic Breath F/ Britney Spears (Toxic)
8. Get Off F/ Prince
9. I Need A Fast Car F/ Tracy Chapman (Fast Car)
10. Bikini Woman F/ Brenda Russel
11. Alone With A TV F/ The Mitchell Brothers (Alone With A TV)
12. The Sell-Out [Bonus]
13. Yes Please! [Bonus]

Can't get a hold of the cover, my mate picked up a copy when he supported The Rifles n lent me it, doesn't seem easy to find an image of it. Genre is rap, although in a similar vein to say, The Streets with a large dose of humour.

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Don't you fake it

Cover

* 1. In Fate's Hands
* 2. Waiting
* 3. False Pretense
* 4. Face Down
* 5. Misery Loves It's Company
* 6. Cat And Mouse
* 7. Damn Regret
* 8. Atrophy
* 9. Seventeen Ain't So Sweet
* 10. Justify
* 11. Your Guardian Angel

Alternative rock is probably the best way to describe this album, upbeat with a good mixture of screaming and clean vocals. Highly recommend hunting down the acoustic version of Face Down as well.

1990s - Cookies

Cover

"Name checked by everyone everyone from Beth from The Gossip, LoveFoxx from CSS, Kate Jackson from The Long Blondes , all of Franz Ferdinand and the new rave revolutionaries Klaxons, Glasgow three piece 1990s have completed their debut album, produced by ex Suede member Bernard Butler. With such glowing indie credentials, its no wonder their Rolling Stones-brand of rock is tipped for the top."

* 1. You Made Me Like It
* 2. See You At The Lights
* 3. Cult Status
* 4. Arcade Precinct
* 5. Is There A Switch For That?
* 6. Enjoying Myself
* 7. You're Supposed To Be My Friend
* 8. Pollokshields
* 9. Risque Pictures
* 10. Weed
* 11. Thinking Of Not Going
* 12. Situation

Really enjoyed this, wanted to see them at the Great escape festival but due to crap audience capacities wasn't able to.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 06/08/07 at 10:30
Regular
"Mooching around"
Chr1s wrote:
> Machine Head - The Blackening
>
> One for you metalheads…if you exist…

I got this today, and it's brilliant! The guitar rifts and solos are unbelievable!

The first song is just amazing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.