GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The very festive Christmas thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/12/11 at 10:25
"possibly impossible"
Being 1st December, I now announce the Christmas hubbub officially open.

With 24 more days to go until the big day, what are your plans for Christmas? Are you going to veg out in front of the TV? Prepare a Christmas meal for a family visit? Or are you avoiding the whole thing with a big, fat 'Humbug!'

I'm debating when the Merry Christmas Charlie Brown and Muppets Christmas Carol get played this year and, of course, exactly when we will put up our Christmas tree.
Thu 01/12/11 at 10:25
"possibly impossible"
Being 1st December, I now announce the Christmas hubbub officially open.

With 24 more days to go until the big day, what are your plans for Christmas? Are you going to veg out in front of the TV? Prepare a Christmas meal for a family visit? Or are you avoiding the whole thing with a big, fat 'Humbug!'

I'm debating when the Merry Christmas Charlie Brown and Muppets Christmas Carol get played this year and, of course, exactly when we will put up our Christmas tree.
Thu 01/12/11 at 11:48
Regular
We usually go to spain for christmas, but not this year. Just family and grandparents together, which is rare as my brother is usually at home while we're abroad. I'm looking forward to it :D
Fri 02/12/11 at 07:58
Regular
"I like turtles"
Sorry, but I seem to have become a bit of a Scrooge these days. Years ago Christmas may have been about simply chilling out and catching up with friends & family or for those with religious beliefs a time for celebration, but these days it just seems like a load of stress & hassle to me. Most people I know seem stressed to hell with it these days. They are wondering how they are going to afford it all at a time when they simply don't seem to have any spare cash whatsoever. It's nice for the kids I suppose but other than that I could quite happily do without it.

It's still better than 3D though! :P
Fri 02/12/11 at 10:46
"possibly impossible"
Pete, I'd prescribe a dose of A Charlie Brown Christmas. If this isn't strong enough then you need to follow it up with A Muppets Christmas Carol, Santa Claus the Movie and Scrooged.
Fri 02/12/11 at 15:46
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Nearly got all our lights up. The damned neighbours have copied our display though . This means war of course.
Fri 02/12/11 at 16:02
Regular
Hold on pb. I wanted to get your input on christmas movies in another thread I was going to make eventually. P.S you forgot Die Hard ;)

Don't forget to take some photos Garin, for the competition. Oh and you can beat your neighbours with this. I've always wanted to try.
Fri 02/12/11 at 17:33
Regular
"I like turtles"
pb wrote:
Pete, I'd prescribe a dose of A Charlie Brown Christmas. If this isn't strong enough then you need to follow it up with A Muppets Christmas Carol, Santa Claus the Movie and Scrooged.

Yeah, Muppets & Scrooged were class. The only seasonal film I watched last year was Four Christmases but that was pretty rubbish. Might have to choose my festive viewing a bit more wisely this year if I am to get in any kind of Christmas spirit. So far I really CBA but being a miserable git at Christmas is actually quite hard work so I might have to try to get in some kind of festive spirit.
Fri 02/12/11 at 17:54
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Hello World wrote:
Don't forget to take some photos Garin, for the competition. Oh and you can beat your neighbours with this. I've always wanted to try.

Yeah, this is just down the road from us. Might be an interesting project at some point but programming the controller is so much work.
Fri 02/12/11 at 18:51
"Are you sure?"
Can you hear those REIN deer coming? ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 02/12/11 at 18:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
@Garin (Hmmm beat me to it) What has The Who got to do with that?
Interesting 'lightshow' though:¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.