GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The very festive Christmas thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/12/11 at 10:25
"possibly impossible"
Being 1st December, I now announce the Christmas hubbub officially open.

With 24 more days to go until the big day, what are your plans for Christmas? Are you going to veg out in front of the TV? Prepare a Christmas meal for a family visit? Or are you avoiding the whole thing with a big, fat 'Humbug!'

I'm debating when the Merry Christmas Charlie Brown and Muppets Christmas Carol get played this year and, of course, exactly when we will put up our Christmas tree.
Wed 21/12/11 at 17:13
"Are you sure?"
Is this you? 4od: King of Christmas Lights

OT
Over here>>>>
I see Freeola are having another go on Facebook.
Hopefully they'll also give Twitter another chance :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] @twitter
Wed 21/12/11 at 17:07
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Scandal & controversy in the neighbourhood christmas lights competition. We didnt even place and to rub salt into the wound, the copy-cat neighbour gets third. I might have to stage a military style coup of the home owners association to get justice!
Sun 11/12/11 at 23:38
"possibly impossible"
Kids have their small tree up in their room now. Still no main tree or decorations up for us.
Sun 11/12/11 at 23:29
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
No decorations here, as I'm going to be at my parents' house from next Monday, and I've got the flat to myself for the next week or so. There isn't really much point, although my neighbour was planning on having a large Santa decoration swinging off her balcony to make it look like the old chap had hanged himself.

Christmas shopping's almost all done, and tickets home are booked; just another week of research, hoping my girlfriend likes her present and attempting to get my gas fire fixed ahead!
Thu 08/12/11 at 22:21
Regular
We've got our tree up, but we have yet to put up the decorations. We use the same ones every year since ever lol.
Wed 07/12/11 at 21:58
"possibly impossible"
We'll be putting our tree up on 11th if we ever get around to clearing the lounge enough. Sunday is the easiest day to get it all done and probably get all the Christmas cards written too.

When is the last posting date to Europe? I must go and look.
Wed 07/12/11 at 21:53
Regular
Dragonlance wrote:
Nin wrote:
[i]I've not managed to get into the spirit yet, it seems to take me longer every year. I've put up the tree but that's all ...

You're not in the spirit yet? Yet you've put up the tree! What happened to tradition? 12 days before and 12 days after?

You must be guided by the present 'shopping' trend of "get it up as soon after 5 November as you can and always beat your neighbours" :¬)[/i]

That's what we use to do, but my wife wants to put them up on the 1st.

It's weird because they do all the decorations here, but don't really understand what Christmas is like. In fact it's just a normal working day for them. Nothing like the John Lewis ad.
Wed 07/12/11 at 20:53
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Nope, my rule has always been the same. Christmas starts the day after my birthday, December 4th, leaving me 3 weeks to work everything out. I find it impossible before that date. I was hoping putting up the tree would help get my mind working, it did not.
Wed 07/12/11 at 19:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nin wrote:
I've not managed to get into the spirit yet, it seems to take me longer every year. I've put up the tree but that's all ...

You're not in the spirit yet? Yet you've put up the tree! What happened to tradition? 12 days before and 12 days after?

You must be guided by the present 'shopping' trend of "get it up as soon after 5 November as you can and always beat your neighbours" :¬)
Wed 07/12/11 at 19:01
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I've not managed to get into the spirit yet, it seems to take me longer every year. I've put up the tree but that's all, I have no idea about gifts and can't even come up with a decent dinner menu.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.