GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola 2011 Game Of The Year"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/11/11 at 14:25
"possibly impossible"
So, the year is soon coming to a close, all the big releases have been lined up and we've had a bumper year.

With huge names from the start, Little Big Planet 2 and Mass Effect 2 in January, Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Mortal Kombat being just 2 of the games to keep fighting fans happy, Dirt 3, Shift 2 and Motorstorm racing for the finish line and Portal 2 bringing GLaDOS back, this has been a great year for gaming.

But we all know everyone has their own favourite, so what was your Game Of The Year and why? Or are you still waiting for it?

I'll keep this open until the end of the year, just in case you believe Your special game is still just around the corner.
Wed 16/11/11 at 10:48
"possibly impossible"
Warhunt wrote:
Most of the massive releases this year have only just happened/will be happening soon so I think it could be "Game of November/December" and still have the same result :D

Skyrim for me so far. I am finding that I am silently enjoying it whilst playing it, losing myself nicely. Not as full on WOW as I perhaps imagined, but it is wrapping it's hour-consuming hands right around me.

But it shines out when we come in to work. 4 of us have bought it here (6 by now probably, but I haven't seen the other two to know).

There is just so much to discuss with each other, and we all start talking rather excitedly ("Have you done that bit!? You had this happen to you yet!?" "You know you can ... right!?")

Any game that can do that has my vote.

It's just as much a case of forgetting about the other stuff released earlier in the year rather than all the AAA titles being released now though.

Portal 2 definitely deserves its spot there and Killzone 3, Bulletstorm, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Shift 2 Unleashed, Dirt 3. lA Noire, Infamous 2, Gears 3, Forza 4...
Wed 16/11/11 at 09:16
Regular
"And in last place.."
Uncharted 3 did arrive yesterday and from what I have played so far I will definitely be changing my nomination.
Tue 15/11/11 at 16:25
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Most of the massive releases this year have only just happened/will be happening soon so I think it could be "Game of November/December" and still have the same result :D

Skyrim for me so far. I am finding that I am silently enjoying it whilst playing it, losing myself nicely. Not as full on WOW as I perhaps imagined, but it is wrapping it's hour-consuming hands right around me.

But it shines out when we come in to work. 4 of us have bought it here (6 by now probably, but I haven't seen the other two to know).

There is just so much to discuss with each other, and we all start talking rather excitedly ("Have you done that bit!? You had this happen to you yet!?" "You know you can ... right!?")

Any game that can do that has my vote.
Tue 15/11/11 at 08:58
Regular
"And in last place.."
I'm expecting Uncharted 3 to arrive today. I've just gone through the 1st 2 games again and if this is as good as Uncharted 2 then I'll be changing my nomination.
Tue 15/11/11 at 00:55
"possibly impossible"
I included it for those who had a PS3 and therefore may only have experienced it this year.
Tue 15/11/11 at 00:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Mass Effect 2 won game of the year in 2010 at a lot of places. I don't think it should be allowed in 2011. :D
Tue 15/11/11 at 00:30
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
PS3 version came out in january this year, so technically it is. :P

I've not even played it, but if Uncharted 3 doesnt win its a fix.
Tue 15/11/11 at 00:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
pb - I'd just like to point out that Mass Effect 2 was released in January 2010 so is not technically eligible for 2011's game of the year. :)
Mon 14/11/11 at 17:22
Regular
"I like turtles"
2011 has not been a great year for games IMO. Most developers seem to have played it safe with rehashes of games you have already played to death.

The games I have enjoyed are:

Dead Space 2 : Good but pretty much the same as it's predecessor and multiplayer was PANTS

Gears Of War 3 : Good but again more evolution than revolution. Better online than it's predecessors though.

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 : Good but basically just a rehash of previous titles.

Dirt 3 : Great fun, Gymkhana events were a bit rubbish though.

And my vote for the game of 2011 is one which at least tried to add something new to it's genre. It's a shame there was no online versus multiplayer as that would have been great fun. Unfortunately I believe that this game is unlikely to ever get a sequel in which the developers can address this problem as sales for it were generally poor. That game is Bulletstorm, if you missed it check out a bargain bin near you as it goes for about a tenner.

Do fancy Batman Arkham City, might have to ask Santa for that. Reckon that would have made my list had I have played it.
Mon 14/11/11 at 16:26
Regular
"And in last place.."
There are quite a few I've not played but so far my GOTY is Motorstorm Apocalypse.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.