GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Daily Gaming Chat - the latest and greatest (and the rest)..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/11/11 at 10:42
"Are you sure?"
Welcome to Freeola's Daily Gaming Chat!
Post your Gaming gossip and comments here...

Overheard

...Super Mario Land 3D reviews have scored higher (from IGN and EuroGamer at least) than both MW3 and BF3.

*Remember...*
You can Win Free Games here on Freeola just by chatting, reviewing or adding game cheats and walkthroughs!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Page:
Wed 05/10/16 at 16:57
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
I did actually start to wonder if Suchong was a little more insane than Cohen, but I think it was more a case that Suchong cared nothing for anything other than success. Cohen really was just as mad as a bag full of frogs...

I would dearly love a Bioshock game set in pre-disaster Rapture, one where all the fruitcakes are still free and active, where you could see the gradual degeneration of splicers, the fall of Fontaine, etc. That really would be fun...

Suchong is a mad scientist type where as Cohen is just simply bonkers. Hard not to admire the style in which he goes about his madness though.

I always wanted to see pre-disaster Rapture and having caught a glimpse from BaS, I want that even more now.
Wed 05/10/16 at 16:20
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Talking about it clearly affected my ability to spell. Absolutely loved walking through Rapture in all its glory and the whale swimming by the large window was great.

I could never call an artist like Mr Cohen by his first name. That was a great scene though. I was more taken by his make up, almost to the point of influence!

I liked the nice audio log by Suchong where he mentions the difference in how to apply vigors compared to plasmids. A minor point and not even something that had crossed my mind but I do like attention to detail like that. Still, not as good as his last ever audio log in Bioshock where he learned the link between the Big Daddy and the Little Sisters was working.

I did actually start to wonder if Suchong was a little more insane than Cohen, but I think it was more a case that Suchong cared nothing for anything other than success. Cohen really was just as mad as a bag full of frogs...

I would dearly love a Bioshock game set in pre-disaster Rapture, one where all the fruitcakes are still free and active, where you could see the gradual degeneration of splicers, the fall of Fontaine, etc. That really would be fun...
Wed 05/10/16 at 13:46
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
I knew you'd love it! Isn't Sander (yes, I'm on first name terms with the great artist) completely mental? I do like his taste in facial hair though...

Talking about it clearly affected my ability to spell. Absolutely loved walking through Rapture in all its glory and the whale swimming by the large window was great.

I could never call an artist like Mr Cohen by his first name. That was a great scene though. I was more taken by his make up, almost to the point of influence!

I liked the nice audio log by Suchong where he mentions the difference in how to apply vigors compared to plasmids. A minor point and not even something that had crossed my mind but I do like attention to detail like that. Still, not as good as his last ever audio log in Bioshock where he learned the link between the Big Daddy and the Little Sisters was working.
Wed 05/10/16 at 11:57
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Infitine finished and Burial at Sea started. What can I say, Rapture in all its glory is just wonderul. I've danced for Mr Cohen but he wasn't so impressed by my moves.

I knew you'd love it! Isn't Sander (yes, I'm on first name terms with the great artist) completely mental? I do like his taste in facial hair though...
Wed 05/10/16 at 09:08
Regular
"And in last place.."
Infinite finished and Burial at Sea started. What can I say, Rapture in all its glory is just wonderful. I've danced for Mr Cohen but he wasn't so impressed by my moves.

Post edited by dav2612 on 05/10/2016 at 13:37.

Post edited by dav2612 on 05/10/2016 at 13:38.
Tue 04/10/16 at 18:20
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
BaS it is then. I'm not so fussed by the Protector Trials in 1 and 2, I prefer story expansions. I do try to find everything, I'm just perhaps not very good at it.

Some of the audio logs in BaS are real "Oh, that's why..." moments. Some are also incredibly well hidden.
Tue 04/10/16 at 15:15
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
Clash in the Clouds is really just arena fighting, it's the combat elements of BI without story or distraction. I found it highly entertaining for quick bursts, ten minutes or twenty minutes of full on mayhem, but it doesn't add anything story-wise.

Go for BaS straight off. It's a real revelation! But word of advice? Try to find everything, otherwise you'll blitz through it in 4 hours and get very little from it.

BaS it is then. I'm not so fussed by the Protector Trials in 1 and 2, I prefer story expansions. I do try to find everything, I'm just perhaps not very good at it.
Tue 04/10/16 at 14:07
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
Oh I totally agree on the story. Infinite does have a lot of plus points and I rather like the Lutece twins popping up but there is just something about Rapture and its inhabitants for me. When indoors in Columbia you can forget you are in the floating city whereas you never really get the chance to forget you are under the sea in Rapture.

Rellay looking forward to Burial at Sea. Should I dive straight into that one or do the other expansion first?

Clash in the Clouds is really just arena fighting, it's the combat elements of BI without story or distraction. I found it highly entertaining for quick bursts, ten minutes or twenty minutes of full on mayhem, but it doesn't add anything story-wise.

Go for BaS straight off. It's a real revelation! But word of advice? Try to find everything, otherwise you'll blitz through it in 4 hours and get very little from it.
Tue 04/10/16 at 13:24
Regular
"And in last place.."

chasfh wrote:
I rather liked the racially charged undertones of 3, the subtle, dark underbelly of such an outwardly enlightened city, so I thought the story was far smarter than the other two. Plus the game mechanics just feel a lot slicker and better implemented, so for me it played out much better.

You are so going to enjoy Burial at Sea though...

Oh I totally agree on the story. Infinite does have a lot of plus points and I rather like the Lutece twins popping up but there is just something about Rapture and its inhabitants for me. When indoors in Columbia you can forget you are in the floating city whereas you never really get the chance to forget you are under the sea in Rapture.

Rellay looking forward to Burial at Sea. Should I dive straight into that one or do the other expansion first?
Tue 04/10/16 at 13:11
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."

dav2612 wrote:
I think Bioshock Infinite will be complete tonight and then it is onto to the DLC. Definitely the weakest (if that it is the correct term to use) of the 3 for me now. As much as I like Elizabeth, Rapture has more atmosphere.

Over 9 hours on Forza Horizon 3 and judging by my progress stat, I've barely scratched the surface. This is going to keep me out of trouble for quite some time.

I rather liked the racially charged undertones of 3, the subtle, dark underbelly of such an outwardly enlightened city, so I thought the story was far smarter than the other two. Plus the game mechanics just feel a lot slicker and better implemented, so for me it played out much better.

You are so going to enjoy Burial at Sea though...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.