GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No longer a white Christmas."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 14:28
Regular
Over the years, I've noticed we no longer get snow in Winter. Why? Does it make it less magical? I remember when I was a boy (before the operation, hur hur....sorry), it would snow, and we'd take the neighbors dog out up the hill. When I got back, I'd play with all my pressies. *wipes tear from eye*. Sorry, I, I gotta go.
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:28
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Over the years, I've noticed we no longer get snow in Winter. Why? Does it make it less magical? I remember when I was a boy (before the operation, hur hur....sorry), it would snow, and we'd take the neighbors dog out up the hill. When I got back, I'd play with all my pressies. *wipes tear from eye*. Sorry, I, I gotta go.
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:30
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
We get a touch of snow round here, but it's hardly igloo building stuff, unless it's for a hamster or something.
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:30
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
You should consider yourself lucky you ever got a whtie christmas. I've never had one in my life, and probably never will. I live by the sea - nice in summer, but it also means WE NEVER GET SNOW!

I've only ever seen REAL snow twice, so you are a lucky person.
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:35
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Slaveunit wrote:
> We get a touch of snow round here, but it's hardly igloo building stuff, unless
> it's for a hamster or something.

LOL, yeah:)
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:38
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Small_Frog wrote:
> You should consider yourself lucky you ever got a whtie christmas. I've never
> had one in my life, and probably never will. I live by the sea - nice in
> summer, but it also means WE NEVER GET SNOW!

I've only ever seen REAL snow
> twice, so you are a lucky person.

Listen pal, the sad truth is that snow is crap. It's cold, it's wet, and when it starts to melt, it turns into dark grey slushy crap. Snowball fights are all well and good until someone hurls a couple of pounds of ice slap-bang into your nose. The roads ice up and you've got to drive at a snails pace. Trains are late or cancelled.

The only good things about snow are sledging and snowmen.

Bah humbug.

Snow should stay where it belongs, like on top of mountains and underneath skiers.
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:38
Regular
It should hopefully be Snowing this year in some parts of England, well that's what they keep saying on the weather, not sure if I really beleive them.
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:42
Whats snow??
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:42
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Yeah, when they some parts, where do they mean? I see no snow here!
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:43
Regular
It's supposed to be getting colder over the weekend.

Patience Daniel Son, the snow will come.
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:45
Devon has never seen snow, i think i've seen it once! That was for ONE day three years ago, then it all dissapeared! DAMN ENGLISH WEATHER!! Its all over the place!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.