GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ladybird isnt allowed to win GADS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/07/07 at 12:00
Regular
I just found this out and i dont believe it.
Ladybird has moved to the US and is, therefore, not elligable for GADS.

Amazon vouchers are accepted at the .com and .co.uk websites and a letter to the US isnt that much more than to the UK. So why isnt this allowed.

She is a good contributor and I do believe, if my "A" level law serves me correct, legally this counts as discrimination. "Any negative act based around a persons apperiance, ethnicity, religion, or geographical location."

Therefore, I suggest we show a bit of solidarity and try and persuade the staffies to change their policy. If they award gads to Dan for his plagerism then why not ladybird for her regular and useful contributions.

Just post if you agree!!!
Mon 02/07/07 at 13:19
Regular
With the weak dollar, £30 would be pretty good to win on a regular basis.

Now that we've established that lil Ladybird can never win a GAD =(, can we talk about tipping customs in America? Personally I don't like it, 15-20% for a waitress? But she was just doing her job :S How about her cheap employers start giving her a decent wage and I'll decide whether I tip her or not. Should you still tip if the food and service was terrible?
Mon 02/07/07 at 13:23
Regular
"Twenty quid."
As I understand it waitresses and the like pay a lot of tax so tips are a main part of their income.

Of course you should tip based on how the service was (the waitress can't really be blamed for the food) and, personally, I've never had bad service in the US - far, far better than 3/4 of the service I get in the UK.

And if you're wondering: I've been to the US four times for a total of nine weeks.
:^)
Mon 02/07/07 at 13:26
Regular
I've only been once for 2 weeks =(

I use to work at the reception of a hotel. I never got any tips. Only those who carried food from the kitchen to the tables got any money ¬_¬.

I did get one tip, £1 for carrying some bags up to a room.
Mon 02/07/07 at 13:29
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I worked for Gino's Dial-a-Pizza one Christmas eve; I delivered 38 pizzas, got paid £1.05 per pizza ... and got about £60 in tips.

I also got kissed about eight times by drunken women.
Mon 02/07/07 at 13:32
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I got £65 from 9 houses in tips at Christmas for my paper round, the other 3 houses didn't bother, since then they get their papers thrown on the doorstep (not good if it rains before they wake up), whereas those who tip me get it through the door.
Mon 02/07/07 at 13:32
Regular
And a few drunk men aswell I bet ;)

Oh dear, well £1 is a bit cheap, I imagine you'd have got a lot more in the States. Don't suppose you got any prank addresses did you? I. C. Weiner perhaps?
Mon 02/07/07 at 13:33
Regular
Biggie Little Jr. wrote:
> I got £65 from 9 houses in tips at Christmas for my paper
> round, the other 3 houses didn't bother, since then they get
> their papers thrown on the doorstep (not good if it rains before
> they wake up), whereas those who tip me get it through the door.

Blimey, I was a paperboy for years, I think the most I got was £2 at Christmas.

You must have delivered to a very wealthy area.
Mon 02/07/07 at 13:38
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Well there is one rich house I delivered to, they gave me £10, I also deliver two papers to a massive hall, but neither of them bothered to leave me a tip :@
Mon 02/07/07 at 14:37
Regular
Well sheesh Doomed, thanks for the support. :) I've already summoned the powers-that-be about the issue several months back and have resigned to Freeola not given two hoots about fellowship or comraderie for their folks across the pond. It's not how it's always been done around here, since I have won GAD before, circa SR days.

There are other members of the community that also reside in the US and obviously we don't matter being the minority anyway. So whatevers.. I've always thought it to be a fine representation of Tony's method as I've claimed it all along. Pretty much why many of the old members just lurk and hardly bother contributing, if at all.. unless it's to inconspicuously swipe an off GAD here and there.

Not like the protocol for winning is much to be desired either. A GAD contribution used to be something to behold, deserving an award. Now they just throw money at any ol' plageriser. Twice.

Pft.

Hope everyone is having a nice Monday! :)
Mon 02/07/07 at 14:37
Regular
Biggie Little Jr. wrote:
> I'd hardly call it discrimination, it's up to Freeola who they
> give there prizes too, whether I disagree or not. It's a shame
> you don't have an A level in spelling.

2. treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.
so group class or category like living in America So it is discrimination.

I understand the point on rules and constraints of competitions but SR used to issue to the states and this is the same managers etc. No I got a B at level for law. As for the spelling these projection keyboards are a bit rubbish when it comes to typos!!

Also I used a gad on amazon.com and it worked fine!!!

Christ I was only trying to show a bit of support to someone who i thought was being treated unfairly.
You are all miserable gits aren't you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.