GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ladybird isnt allowed to win GADS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/07/07 at 12:00
Regular
I just found this out and i dont believe it.
Ladybird has moved to the US and is, therefore, not elligable for GADS.

Amazon vouchers are accepted at the .com and .co.uk websites and a letter to the US isnt that much more than to the UK. So why isnt this allowed.

She is a good contributor and I do believe, if my "A" level law serves me correct, legally this counts as discrimination. "Any negative act based around a persons apperiance, ethnicity, religion, or geographical location."

Therefore, I suggest we show a bit of solidarity and try and persuade the staffies to change their policy. If they award gads to Dan for his plagerism then why not ladybird for her regular and useful contributions.

Just post if you agree!!!
Mon 02/07/07 at 12:00
Regular
I just found this out and i dont believe it.
Ladybird has moved to the US and is, therefore, not elligable for GADS.

Amazon vouchers are accepted at the .com and .co.uk websites and a letter to the US isnt that much more than to the UK. So why isnt this allowed.

She is a good contributor and I do believe, if my "A" level law serves me correct, legally this counts as discrimination. "Any negative act based around a persons apperiance, ethnicity, religion, or geographical location."

Therefore, I suggest we show a bit of solidarity and try and persuade the staffies to change their policy. If they award gads to Dan for his plagerism then why not ladybird for her regular and useful contributions.

Just post if you agree!!!
Mon 02/07/07 at 12:10
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I'd hardly call it discrimination, it's up to Freeola who they give there prizes too, whether I disagree or not. It's a shame you don't have an A level in spelling.
Mon 02/07/07 at 12:30
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Why aren't GADs just emailed?
Mon 02/07/07 at 12:41
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Why aren't GADs just emailed?

GAD exists to promote a UK service thus they require a UK address to verify that they're spending money on people who are potential customers.
Mon 02/07/07 at 12:42
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I'd hardly call a company's policy discrimination. Virtually every competition where prizes are involved has some kind of constraint an entrants, whether it be their location, age or whatever.
Mon 02/07/07 at 12:49
Regular
"Captain to you."
The Amazon vouchers sent out can only be used on Amazon.co.uk or Amazon Jersey anyway.
Mon 02/07/07 at 12:50
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
As far as i could see it, its UK Chatforums. Soooo.....
Mon 02/07/07 at 12:55
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I don't think this was quite the response DoomBaboon was hoping for.
Mon 02/07/07 at 13:06
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
DoomBaboon1982 wrote:
> She is a good contributor and I do believe, if my "A"
> level law serves me correct, legally this counts as
> discrimination.

Did you fail your A-Level Law quite badly then?
Mon 02/07/07 at 13:07
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
This came up a few years ago, when there was that Indian chap who won a GAD and then had problems having it shipped over to him or something, right? If my memory serves me well, he attempted to get round it by asking for someone to recieve any prizes in the UK, and then transfer them to him...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.