GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The New GAD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/12/01 at 15:07
Regular
Gameaday has changed, but I don't understand...

I mean, we are allowed to choose any DVD or game of our choice, providing it's up to the price tag of £50. But we are not allowed to choose box sets. No game box sets and no DVD box sets. So besides N64 games, what other title could we possibly cost up to £50?

As for DVDs…if we are not allowed to choose box sets, what single DVD movie, even a 2-disk set, comes to the price of £50?

I don't get it. It's very nice of Special Reserve to offer this to everyone, but it really comes down to offering us the same prizes for each GAD prize entry. When winning on a certain GAD compo, you can select any DVD or a game of your choice, (as like before. The better thing now is that you can select a DDV or game from any GAD entry that you win on, whether it’s a film or game, or even a discussion. I hope that’s correct. Well, that’s what I found out from the info on the main page anyway.

So...if I am wrong about all this, does it mean that we are allowed to choose two DVD movies that add up to "50, and the same for two games?

I hope it's this way - that would be so cool.
Mon 17/12/01 at 10:06
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Mystique wrote:
> is it really that hard to grasp the changes?

Is what hard to grasp? ... I thought this was the queue for the tuck shop?
Sun 16/12/01 at 20:31
Regular
big_slow wrote:
> i hope i win GAD some day

So do I.
Maybe I could sing to win - 'Daddy, daddy cool, daddy, daddy cool.'
Good idea?
Sun 16/12/01 at 18:57
Mystique wrote:
> is it really that hard to grasp the changes?

The only significant change is that you can win a DVD for talking about games or reviewing a game, and you can win a game for talking about something other than gaming, providing the game is less than £25.
Sun 16/12/01 at 18:55
Regular
6573.....i dont get it
Sun 16/12/01 at 18:53
i hope i win GAD some day
Sun 16/12/01 at 18:35
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
big_slow wrote:
> the what if its a special pack, like the rollor coster tycoon ones that come
> game and expansion from the factory, and are under £50. or age of empires
> gold or collecters edition.

I would have thought so...

Games like Diablo2... where you still have to buy the expansion seperatly, then you'll only be able to choose one at a time...

But packs like Half-Life Generations and Age of Empires Gold, I would have thought would have been fine?
Sun 16/12/01 at 18:32
the what if its a special pack, like the rollor coster tycoon ones that come game and expansion from the factory, and are under £50. or age of empires gold or collecters edition.
Sun 16/12/01 at 18:14
Regular
big_slow wrote:
> can you pick a game and a expansion that goes with it?

I don't know. But incase yr wondering, I said 'no' to is it hard to grasp ?
Sun 16/12/01 at 18:13
Regular
No
Sun 16/12/01 at 18:12
can you pick a game and a expansion that goes with it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.