GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The New GAD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/12/01 at 15:07
Regular
Gameaday has changed, but I don't understand...

I mean, we are allowed to choose any DVD or game of our choice, providing it's up to the price tag of £50. But we are not allowed to choose box sets. No game box sets and no DVD box sets. So besides N64 games, what other title could we possibly cost up to £50?

As for DVDs…if we are not allowed to choose box sets, what single DVD movie, even a 2-disk set, comes to the price of £50?

I don't get it. It's very nice of Special Reserve to offer this to everyone, but it really comes down to offering us the same prizes for each GAD prize entry. When winning on a certain GAD compo, you can select any DVD or a game of your choice, (as like before. The better thing now is that you can select a DDV or game from any GAD entry that you win on, whether it’s a film or game, or even a discussion. I hope that’s correct. Well, that’s what I found out from the info on the main page anyway.

So...if I am wrong about all this, does it mean that we are allowed to choose two DVD movies that add up to "50, and the same for two games?

I hope it's this way - that would be so cool.
Sun 16/12/01 at 15:07
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Gameaday has changed, but I don't understand...

I mean, we are allowed to choose any DVD or game of our choice, providing it's up to the price tag of £50. But we are not allowed to choose box sets. No game box sets and no DVD box sets. So besides N64 games, what other title could we possibly cost up to £50?

As for DVDs…if we are not allowed to choose box sets, what single DVD movie, even a 2-disk set, comes to the price of £50?

I don't get it. It's very nice of Special Reserve to offer this to everyone, but it really comes down to offering us the same prizes for each GAD prize entry. When winning on a certain GAD compo, you can select any DVD or a game of your choice, (as like before. The better thing now is that you can select a DDV or game from any GAD entry that you win on, whether it’s a film or game, or even a discussion. I hope that’s correct. Well, that’s what I found out from the info on the main page anyway.

So...if I am wrong about all this, does it mean that we are allowed to choose two DVD movies that add up to "50, and the same for two games?

I hope it's this way - that would be so cool.
Sun 16/12/01 at 15:09
Regular
"pob, the originator"
I would doubt it, but we can always wish.
Sun 16/12/01 at 15:11
Regular
If this happened 10 months ago i wouldn't of been able to choose Conker's Bad Fur Day, i never would of made Conkula, i wouldn't do too well on my media homework in fact i'd be jolly well buggered.
Sun 16/12/01 at 15:22
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Shadow Demon wrote:
> Gameaday has changed, but I don't understand...

I mean, we are allowed to
> choose any DVD or game of our choice, providing it's up to the price tag of
> £50. But we are not allowed to choose box sets. No game box sets and no
> DVD box sets. So besides N64 games, what other title could we possibly cost up
> to £50?

As for DVDs…if we are not allowed to choose box sets, what
> single DVD movie, even a 2-disk set, comes to the price of £50?

So...if I am wrong about all this, does it mean that
> we are allowed to choose two DVD movies that add up to "50, and the same
> for two games?

> I hope it's this way - that would be so cool.

You can choose any DVD or Games that costs less than 50quid...

So you could ask for a box set for example... the Simpsons Season 1 DVD collection...

But you cant choose, say, a 20 quid DVD and a 25 quid computer game...

Its not a vaoucher... the 50quid/25quid is just to show the peak of your price options... (so for example, although you could choose the Simpsons box set... you couldt get the Buffy box set since it costs more than 50 quid...
Sun 16/12/01 at 15:49
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
I hope you are right there Armatige Shanks

I am trying to win the box set of The Godfather for my brother's birthday, coming up shortly.

Even the Aliens box set is something I would like to add to my own DVD collection.
The only DVD I have at the moment is Star Wars Episode One, which I won a very long time ago on GAD.

Funny though...the price of The Godfather and the Aliens box sets are £49.99 - £54.99 all over the UK. Why do Special Reserve 'up' ther price? Maybe it's a miss-print.
I hope so, because if I won a DVD on GAD, I would love to choose one of the above DVD box sets, providing I am allowed to choose them first.
Sun 16/12/01 at 15:59
Regular
Taken from the Special Reserve FAQ page:

"Q. CAN I CLAIM SOMETHING ELSE FOR MY PRIZE?
A. No, only games and DVDs under the designated value for that prize can be awarded (£50 for prizes 1 and 2, £25 for prize 3). Game bundles ie. Time Crisis 2 + Gun and ***DVD BOX SETS*** are excluded. No cash alternative can be given, and wins cannot be combined for a larger prize."
Sun 16/12/01 at 16:04
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Yeah, I know. It's a shame really.

I even asked them a couple of months ago if I was allowed to choose the Time Crisis II box set, and they told me it's not possible. It was a £5 difference than choosing the game by itself, which I was allowed to do. But adding the difference was out of the question. The game, you can choose, but no matter what price difference there is in a bundle, you can never add the extra cash.
Sun 16/12/01 at 17:07
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Dav1d wrote:
> Taken from the Special Reserve FAQ page:

"Q. CAN I CLAIM SOMETHING ELSE
> FOR MY PRIZE?
A. No, only games and DVDs under the designated value for that
> prize can be awarded (£50 for prizes 1 and 2, £25 for prize 3). Game
> bundles ie. Time Crisis 2 + Gun and ***DVD BOX SETS*** are excluded. No cash
> alternative can be given, and wins cannot be combined for a larger prize."

Really? ... That seems odd.. how many non-boxset 50quid DVDs are do SR sell?
Sun 16/12/01 at 18:04
Regular
is it really that hard to grasp the changes?
Sun 16/12/01 at 18:12
can you pick a game and a expansion that goes with it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.