GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FINALLY I WON! YES!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/12/01 at 13:00
Regular
I actually won.

I can't beleive my eyes, I never thougt it would happen.

A while back I'm sure none of you even dreamed about me winning.

And i'm sure some of you who thought that I couln't do it but I did.

And I proved you wrong.
Mon 10/12/01 at 13:58
Regular
"¬_¬"
It doesn't have anything to do with GAD. He/she is just jealous and is trying to make up rumours to try and give me a bad name.
Mon 10/12/01 at 13:58
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
1/2 pint didn't.
Mon 10/12/01 at 13:56
Regular
"DS..."
Jiminy Cricket wrote:
> ½pint wrote:
> I have one for the second time!!! I am really happy
> about my achievements.

I know someone who stole £50 from their parents
> this weekend. What a gypsified piece of crap.

I fail to see what relation this has to 1/2 pint winning GAD?
slik ~_~
Mon 10/12/01 at 13:46
Regular
"no relation to Jim"
½pint wrote:
> I have one for the second time!!! I am really happy about my achievements.

I know someone who stole £50 from their parents this weekend. What a gypsified piece of crap.
Mon 10/12/01 at 13:43
Regular
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:

Why disagree. I could write an utter pile of
> pig poo which had absolutely everyone in stitches and the judges loved. Why not
> give me the GAD?

Well if it had everyone in stitches there is no reason, but to be honest if it didn't have proper SPAG I would disagree. Mind you, how likely is that to happen?
Mon 10/12/01 at 13:43
Regular
"¬_¬"
I have one for the second time!!! I am really happy about my achievements.
Mon 10/12/01 at 13:41
Regular
"Not your monkey"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> But the danger is writing an excellent review (that may have won any other day),
> then finding someone did another, more innovative than you and takes the glory.

Whats the difference if someone comes along and writes a stunning topic 2 minutes after you poost yours?
Mon 10/12/01 at 13:39
Regular
"Not your monkey"
MJswerve wrote:

Strange way of looking at it,
> although I suppose it is true. If the judges l;ike it, it is much more likely to
> win. However if it was a terrible peice of writing that won JUST because the
> judges liked I, I personally would disagree.

Why disagree. I could write an utter pile of pig poo which had absolutely everyone in stitches and the judges loved. Why not give me the GAD?
Mon 10/12/01 at 13:39
Regular
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> But the danger is writing an excellent review (that may have won any other day),
> then finding someone did another, more innovative than you and takes the glory.

The best tactic is to read every single review posted that day and to decide whether to post the review. If they are all top quality..don't post. If they aren't as good as they normally are post it. Also, when something big is happening try and post something good. If people are distratced they are less likely to post something of good quality.

Speaking about GADs I still have some topics that I wrote while in Ibiza, the topic I won with was written there and I have quite a few more which I have been saving since I came back after being banned.
Mon 10/12/01 at 13:36
Regular
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:

its not
> about how good at writing you are, its about writing something that the judges
> liked. You could be Alfred Hitchcock and win nothing if you don't impress the
> judges. I have found that reviews is the way to go about it!

Strange way of looking at it, although I suppose it is true. If the judges l;ike it, it is much more likely to win. However if it was a terrible peice of writing that won JUST because the judges liked I, I personally would disagree.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.