GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is It Worth It To Live Fast & Die Young?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/06/07 at 22:03
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Click Here

Is it worth it?

I've never been allowed to ride a motorcycle after my uncle decided to do well over 100mph in a 30mph zone and had a head on smash with a car and was found nearly 100 metres further down the road with nearly every bone in his body broken.

The thrill of the TT races must be uncomparable to anything else but this accident makes me wonder if it's worth it.

Personally I've driven at nearly 140mph on a deserted motorway at night and afterwards been shocked to think what would have happened if one of my tyres had blown or I'd lost control of my car.

The thrill at the time was surreal but with hindsight I wouldn't do it again.

Maybe I've grown more conservative as I've grown older but what do you think?

Does the thrill and adrenelin rush of the danger outweigh your "common sense" and you go for it or do you step back to weight up the options before deciding whether to go for it or not?
Thu 09/08/07 at 12:23
Regular
Black Glove wrote:
> Then again, if fate decrees

I don't agree with that. Fate doesn't exist - IMO. If it does, then it means you're not making any choices for yourself, as your life is already planned out. This is bordering on a conversation out of The Matirx.
Tue 14/08/07 at 22:56
Regular
"Laughingstock"
When I say "fate" I think I mean it in a genetic sense rather than a spiritual sense. Our genes dictate our fate [kind of thing].

Stuff like: at school I was naturally good at sports, whereas my best friend was a complete clutz with two left feet. That's not about choice, it's fixed. That kind of thing extends into all areas of life, so to my mind it becomes almost like fate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.