GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Websites on servers: 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 7/ 9 have ALL vanished !!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/06/07 at 11:55
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Have just noticed that Websites on server 6 have vanished !!!

nothing on status page about this !!!.

Any news Freeola ???

Dan

Have now raised it on support ticket reference: 135579

EDIT - misspelled NEWS !! / EDIT 2: Noticed all servers down except 1
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:50
Regular
All my websites are now back online Dan / Eccles / GWD
Tue 05/06/07 at 14:05
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
We are currently switching over the DNS server to new servers. You will experience a period when you cannot access some of our servers due to the way DNS works. It takes time for the changes to propagate across the internet. Some customers are finding that they can still access websites while some can't.
Also some of the DNS entries are cached so your queries will be sent to old address and not the new ones, this is why you are getting 404 errors.
Tue 05/06/07 at 13:56
Regular
*Ouch* - This is all rather painful.
Thanks for the updates Dan and Kev.
Tue 05/06/07 at 13:08
Regular
Dan I noticed this as well, and called freeola they are aware of the situation, they told me an hour ago to give it half an hour! still not working as yet. When I asked why the status page had not been updated the reply was swift and sure, "its a BT problem not a freeola one" either way its affecting Freeola customers and the status page should have been updated to reflect that there is a problem.

Kev

Status page now shows....

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING ESSENTIAL SERVICE INFORMATION:

DNS PROBLEMS.

Due to a changeover in DNS, some customers may be experiencing difficulties in connecting to some websites. This problem can effect FTP and/or viewing sites including Freeola.com

We would like to assure you that the Freeola engineering team are working urgently on the problem, and hope to have the matter resolved shortly. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Tue 05/06/07 at 11:55
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Have just noticed that Websites on server 6 have vanished !!!

nothing on status page about this !!!.

Any news Freeola ???

Dan

Have now raised it on support ticket reference: 135579

EDIT - misspelled NEWS !! / EDIT 2: Noticed all servers down except 1

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.