GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/12/01 at 18:19
Regular
So What do you peepz think of broadband then hey i'm gettin mine very soon and i can start uploading my webpage WooHoo. Any one already got it or u got modem post your connection types here!
Fri 07/12/01 at 23:12
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Its the same program just different name. I think they are run by the same people. When you use Kazaa you can see files of the people who use Morpheus. I think they did it to expand the user names as instead of the user name ending in @kazaa it ends in @Morpheus, therefore doubleing the possiable amount of user names. Also there are users who have @MusicCity after there name. Its just all one big community.
Fri 07/12/01 at 20:59
Hey can anyone see the resemblance between Kazaa and Morpheus. Unless i'm wrong and the same people own both i beleive Morpheus has copied Kazaa as i had that way before Morpheus and this could create a big argument hehe!
Fri 07/12/01 at 20:56
PS2 is coming on SONYs own server what do you mean cable splitter?? Correct my understanding if i'm wrong plz:)
Fri 07/12/01 at 16:19
"High polygon count"
Did you read this article?

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=1323
Fri 07/12/01 at 15:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Kazaa is free. Just go to www.download.com and then download the free version from there.
Fri 07/12/01 at 13:16
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
It's a shame that Kazaa took their little trial off their site, as it was really handy. (if you deleted your cookie it would forget how many times you had used it and give you full quota again)
Fri 07/12/01 at 13:02
Hi,
I have NTL broadband and it is brilliant, sometimes you can get up to 80 which works out at 5 meg a minute. Downside is that over a month the connection was down on 2 seperate Saturday mornings, so it gets a bit fustrating.
Does anybody know of a cable splitter ? reason is that at the moment there's one cable going into my pc, yet when ps2 finnaly get broadband I'll want to put a connection into the ps2 as well !!
Wed 05/12/01 at 20:00
fang how could you download movies on a 56k modem thats too long i never download anything over 160mb on a modem. unless film is that small. Oh did u know that kazaa has been copied. yyep morheus and kazaa very similar hmmm thats right morpheus is a copy of kazaa so it makes no difference what u got. then again when i get my broadband i can finally upload my games for my website
Tue 04/12/01 at 15:37
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Yep Kazaa is good. Maybe the person wouldnt allow you to download. Sometimes it takes quite a few minutes to get going. You can also pause a download, like you can with getright or Go!zilla. Between me and 2 friends we have got 54 movies, tons of Buffy eps, unaired charmed ep, quite a few music videos and all the Friends episodes from season 7 and the current season 8 episodes.

Try kazaa again it does work.
Tue 04/12/01 at 09:00
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
adrian wrote:
> I really want Broadband. I download tons of movies from Kazaa on a 56k modem.
> Cable would mean that I could download so much more. Hurry up NTL and get it
> sorted.

BT costs alot more than NTL because BT offer ASDL which is different
> to Cable. Most people would prefer cable as its cheaper and you get the same
> service to the ASDL.

Is Kazaa any good? I tried it earlier for the first time but the download for a film would not start. I installed the software and selected "Swordfish" and it came up on the Traffic screen but didnt do anything else even after ten minutes

Any tips would be appreciated

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.