GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst films of all time"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/11/10 at 11:12
"possibly impossible"
Having watched Skyline yesterday and being a tad disappointed by what could easily have been a great film (if they had included a story, likeable characters and a different ending) I was wondering what films you've been bitterly disappointed by or would warn people off entirely?

Sticking with Sci-fi, 2012 is the most recent one to spring to mind. I felt as if a portion of my life had been ripped away from me after watching that. Battlefield Earth is a film I just couldn't sit through until the end, and that rarely happens to me. Lastly, Highlander II was a bitter disappointment considering how good the first film was and luckily the 3rd fared much better.

Outside of Sci-fi, Disaster Movie or any one of the more recent 'spoof' movies could well be considered too terrible to watch.
Thu 18/11/10 at 19:00
Regular
"How Ironic"
Mine still has to be the famous Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. You can always rely on Lorenzo Lamas to star in absolute garbage.
Thu 18/11/10 at 19:07
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pete_21 wrote:
Thought Zack Snyders 2004 remake of Dawn Of The Dead was very good,thought he did a good job of updating it for the MTV generation.

Also thought Matt Reeves Let Me In (remake of Swedish film Let The Right One In) was on a par with the excellent original.Which lets be honest,no one was expecting.

* Growls *
You've just insulted 2 of my top 10 films of all time. The Dawn of the Dead remake was an abomination in comparison to the original and I'm not even going to start on the how inferior Let Me In was.
Thu 18/11/10 at 19:56
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Just because the original was far far better (which it was), it doesn't make the new one awful. I enjoyed it, but still loved the original.

Shaun of the Dead however.... maybe was better than the original..... (I kid I kid, don't kill me).
Thu 18/11/10 at 20:03
Regular
"I like turtles"
Nin wrote:

* Growls *
You've just insulted 2 of my top 10 films of all time. The Dawn of the Dead remake was an abomination in comparison to the original and I'm not even going to start on the how inferior Let Me In was.

How exactly have I ''insulted'' those films ? :S

IMDB ratings :

Let Me In 7.5/10
Let The Right One In 8.1/10

Dawn Of The Dead (2004) 7.4/10
Dawn Of The Dead (1978) 8/10

Not an enormous difference is it ?

There were certain things in both remakes that I actually preferred over their originals and certain things that I did not.As remakes go those were a couple that I did not think did a bad job at all.
Thu 18/11/10 at 20:49
Regular
"Monochromatic"
pete_21 wrote:
How exactly have I ''insulted'' those films ? :S

I think you misjudge my tone sometimes. That may be my fault for not adding smilies.

IMDB ratings :

Let Me In 7.5/10
Let The Right One In 8.1/10

Dawn Of The Dead (2004) 7.4/10
Dawn Of The Dead (1978) 8/10

Not an enormous difference is it ?

Not helping your argument by citing the IMDB. It's easily the worst forum on the internet.
Thu 18/11/10 at 23:10
Regular
"I like turtles"
Nin wrote:

I think you misjudge my tone sometimes. That may be my fault for not adding smilies.

Smilies are good mate,you definitely should use them more :)

Don't get me wrong,I loved the originals of both of those films and wasn't trying to say the remakes were superior nor was I attempting to diss the originals in any way.But I honestly thought as remakes go neither Let Me In nor Dawn Of The Dead (2004) were bad movies and both introduced something new for me.In both cases some stuff worked well,other stuff not so well.If you want to talk about remakes worthy of a ''growl'' then The Fog,The Pink Panther,REC (Quarantine),Planet Of The Apes and A Nightmare on Elm St. spring to my mind,they were all totally useless.As for Let Me In and Dawn Of The Dead (2004),lets just say that I enjoyed both of them a hell of a lot more than I did Avatar.
Thu 18/11/10 at 23:26
"Retarded List"
I like smilies too.

Let's bee friends.
Thu 18/11/10 at 23:30
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Worst of all time - Freddy Got Fingered. One of a few films I've actually turned off before the end.

Most over hyped recent film - The Hangover...yeah, it was ok. That. Is. All.
Fri 19/11/10 at 00:53
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Basically any Saw film...they were poor.
Fri 19/11/10 at 09:32
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah agree about The Hangover,it was average IMO.Nowhere near as funny as many people made it out to be but hardly a candidate for the worst film of all time.

Regarding the 2004 Dawn Of The Dead remake I probably should have mentioned the 2008 Day Of The Dead remake,now that was garbage.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.