GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nin's QotY - Eternal Life"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/10/10 at 18:10
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Oh yes, the moon is blue, pigs are flying, Katie Price is keeping her big fat mouth shut for once and Nin has a topic worthy of creating a thread.

I've been feeling my age a bit recently, well to be honest I've been feeling way more than my age. I'll be 28 in just over 6 weeks, illness and injury have left me feeling kind of battered and as I look around at my friends and family, I see my parents getting older, my friends having babies and getting married and in some cases I'm looking at teenagers I know now and remembering when they were born or what I was doing at that time. The happiness I get from seeing people grow up is tempered by the sadness of realising you're getting older but time moves on and so must we.

But, will that always be the case?
We are, we're told, increasingly moving towards a place in time when living beyond a 100 years old will soon be the norm. Beyond that, there are also studies into slowing down genetic ageing or stopping it fully. This raises so many questions that it's near impossible to address them all in 1 thread, so instead I'll focus on the one that can actually be answered to some degree.

Do You Want To Live Forever?

Or more specifically given the direction I'm going with this, If someone offers you this "gift" of never ageing, do you accept?
I was going to delve into the finer points of both options but I think it's more interesting to actually have a discussion on it instead.

EDIT

For the purposes of this question, once you take the option it can't be taken back. There would be no death from natural causes, if you wanted to die you'd have to kill yourself.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 20/10/10 at 14:23
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'd choose no. The more time goes on, the more populated the world, more chances to starve etc. I think you'd get bored - maybe not so much for the first 100 or so years, but for the time after that.

Perhaps slowing down genetic aging is an idea is some cases (perhaps if there is a scientist, important person or what have you that would have his or her life prolonged would benefit mankind as a whole). but even then, life can be tiresome - there must be a reason to age, so taking away natural death just seems cheating. (I know the whole area of modern medicine and life support probably fall into this category too...)

But for me, a definite no. I don't actually fancy reaching 100 right now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.