GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why are games so cheap?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/11/01 at 16:30
Regular
Ok, so the title is meant to be a bit sarcastic, but I do admit, some games that are only about a year old are too cheap for their own good. An exaple: Smuggler's Run, only 17.99 at special reserve on the day exactly 1 year after its launch alongside the PS2. Why? The Ps1 took something like two years before it started the platinum range, but already Sony are about to launch a 14.99 range which includes the awesome Smuggler's Run and Dynasty Warriors 2. Prices for new PS2 games may be a bit much, but I certainly think that the cheapies really are wtupidly cheap
Thu 29/11/01 at 16:54
Regular
½pint wrote:
> New PS2 games are definitely too expensive. If they were only £30...

it all depends on where you shop me bucko
look around you will definetly find games for stupid prices
Thu 29/11/01 at 16:52
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
½pint wrote:
> Yeah, GBA games are a rip off, they're only $30 in the US. Its because Nintendo
> have such high licensing fees, the games are more expensive in order to get more
> profit for the developers so that more developers want to make more games.

Arnt GBA games supposed to be comming down to 29.99 over here pretty soon?
Thu 29/11/01 at 16:44
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Ant wrote:
> PS2 games too expensive??

I think the GBA is a prime example of games that
> are too expensive for their own good. Apart from Mario Karts, as that's probably
> worth it, gameplay-wise.

This is the best I have heared in regards to GBA.

Well-said there Ant
Thu 29/11/01 at 16:42
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Very good point there regarding Sumggler's Run being only £17.99. This might be because it was the very first game out on the shelves for the PlayStation 2. I saw it at EB 1 week or so before the PS2 was released. Maybe it's some kind of promotion to PS2 owners. And let's not forget that the sequel is being released. Whenever this happens, you are bound to see the original drop its price tag by a few £££.

Anyway, why can they not do this with Tekken Tag and SSX. Now that I have those games it really doesn't matter any more, but still...
Thu 29/11/01 at 11:06
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
You just gotta search around. I while back I told of how I saw Extreme G for £50 in Woolies, but Mario Tennis for £20!
Thu 29/11/01 at 11:02
Regular
"I confused?"
I don't care if games are cheap but if a game that came out in the early nineties is still fifty quid thats when I get annoyed. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Thu 29/11/01 at 10:59
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Woah, you aren't complaining are you? Some people are never satisfied.
Thu 29/11/01 at 10:57
Regular
"I confused?"
I've seen fade to black for £50 in wollies. It tends to be them selling games on very expesively for example the other day I saw in the bargain in castlevania for £45 and it hadn't even been marked down! Both games mentioned were on the N64
Wed 28/11/01 at 21:05
Regular
"¬_¬"
I saw once at my local Woolies a 'value series' PSone game at £30! And they are still selling PS2s for £300. What a rip off!!!
Wed 28/11/01 at 21:00
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Ant wrote:
> Damn right, I haven't bought a game from Woolworths in years. They're all the
> same price, even the ones that are years older than the new
> releases!

Internet shopping is much better.

Oh god I thought is was only the wollies near me. Heh @ all those wollies shops. They have like Lylat Wars in there still for like 50 quid. Goldeneye about 40. Mario KArt 64 is around 35-40 quid. What an absolute rip. I saw Champ Man 99/00 next to Champ Man 00/01 for the same price. £40. Stupid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.