GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tony Hawk`s 3 OR SSX Tricky?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/11/01 at 19:17
Regular
I have a friend trying to decide which game to go for... Tricky or THPS3.

He has THPS2, but not SSX.

Which one does he get?

If you can, keep it to one post each, with a vote "Go for ***" and then a reason.

Thanks muchly, he appreciates it.
Tue 27/11/01 at 19:17
Regular
I have a friend trying to decide which game to go for... Tricky or THPS3.

He has THPS2, but not SSX.

Which one does he get?

If you can, keep it to one post each, with a vote "Go for ***" and then a reason.

Thanks muchly, he appreciates it.
Tue 27/11/01 at 19:32
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Go for *drums* *tension is rising* *more drums* To..SSX Tricky. I think that it appeals more to people and there is loads of things you can do like unlock special moves and try to beat the top scores. But it is very hard to decide which game is better- This is why I am getting both games since I simply cant choose between them. *prays that there will be no homework for the weekend*
Tue 27/11/01 at 19:35
Regular
I think you should get SSX Tricky because you can do much more in it and it has more appeal then Tony hawks
Tue 27/11/01 at 19:46
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
id recommend u buy thps3 as th is the orginal game that started of the board game crazy. plus the game will have online support.
Tue 27/11/01 at 19:48
Regular
Magma Dragoon wrote:
> id recommend u buy thps3 as th is the orginal game that started of the board
> game crazy. plus the game will have online support.

i heard that they had taken that out?
Tue 27/11/01 at 20:02
Kid Rock wrote:
> I think you should get SSX Tricky because you can do much more in it and it has
> more appeal then Tony hawks

Plus Tony Hawks Pro SKater 3 will probably be just like the other two games so i would get SSX Tricky because once you've played the first one you will want to play SSX Tricky. It's Brilliant
Tue 27/11/01 at 20:15
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Kid Rock wrote:
i heard that they had taken that out?

Nope think its still in there. PSW showed a screen shot of the menu for the settings in the review they did for THPS3.
Tue 27/11/01 at 21:17
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I don't really know. I am getting both for Christmas but if I really had to do one it would be .............. .............. .................. ................. thinking .............. ................... ........... Tony Hawk 3. As much as I want that SSX game I would have to say THPS3 just beats it.
Tue 27/11/01 at 21:27
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Get Tony Hawks 3
Because, I'm getting both, but I'm getting thps3 first, the main reason is because it appeals to me more. I had thps2 and really enjoyed it, so the chances are I will enjoy thps3 aswell. Another reason might be because i had the original SSX, so I'm not that bothered about running out to get the sequel 'cause its too similar.
Simple answer, if your friend really enjoyed thps2, and when he had finished it, wanted more levels, buy thps3. If he feels like a change, but still wants extream sports, buy SSX Tricky.
I already have Tony Hawks 3 on pre order. (unfortunetly not from SR, I found it cheaper :) Go on, shout at me!!)
Tue 27/11/01 at 22:24
Regular
"Touched!"
Its a tough choice....but i would go for THPS3, but i'm getting both because i know they are both great, tony only just beats ssx tricky by an inch tho :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.