GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend a film, go on"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/11/01 at 03:12
Regular
Ok, based on films I like and think others might enjoy,I thought I'd recommend a few a why:

Sexy Beast - Because it's the only UK gangster flick that matters since The Long Good Friday

Withnail & I - It's one the best written comedies ever, and improves with repeated viewings.

Natural Born Killers - An art film disguised as a stupid Hollywood blockbuster.

The Princess Bride - Funny, witty, clever and nice.

Heathers - Nasty, funny, dark and gleefully black hearted

Pump Up The Volume - See above reasons

City of Lost Children - A magical, surreal, perfect sci-fi/comedy/romance/horror movie. In French, but don't let that be the reason you never see this.

Spinal Tap - Rock and Roll mockumentary so funny it hurts.

---

that's it for now, I must try to sleep
Tue 27/11/01 at 11:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Battle Royale does indeed rock.

Beat Takeshi is a hero.
Tue 27/11/01 at 10:29
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Battle Royale is a pretty cool film.
I don't think it'll be released in the U.S any time soon (as the story involves about 40 kids trying to kill each other: they have a problem with their teen killers)
It had a very limited U.K cinema release, but i got it on region 2 Hong Kong or Japanese version.
For those of you who haven't heard of it: it's set in the near future when kids have lost all respect for their elders, so, to teach them a lesson, the government drug and kidnap a class of 40 odd students, take them to a remote island where they take part in the Battle Royale, hoping the carnage will dissuade others from being a menace to society.
Every child gets a weapon, ranging from uzis and crossbows to a simple metal serving tray!
The rules are simple, by the end of the alloted time (3 days) only one child must remain alive. If more than one is alive, they all die.
If they try to escape, a collar around their neck explodes ( a la Running Man ).
Friends must kill friends....
Tue 27/11/01 at 09:40
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Two funny films are, Happy Gilmore and Road Trip. These are to great 'teen' comedies. Worth a watch if you like a laugh!!!
Tue 27/11/01 at 08:40
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Mallrats is a pretty cool film. If you haven't seen it, GO watch it!

If you wanna see a film which is a bit different, go see Clerks! It's directed by the same guy who did Mallrats {Kevin Smith}, he's also Silent Bob.

:)
Tue 27/11/01 at 06:50
Regular
"always swirling"
if you want to wet yourselfs (and i mean that in the nicest of ways) then you should watch little nicky!
Tue 27/11/01 at 01:16
Go watch Mallrats, I watched it again tonight and it made me laugh out loud for at least the 15th time. Classic comedy.

Brody to TS - "Brandi is the past - unless you look to the future, you'll suffer pain and regret"

*Brody gets whacked round the head with bit of scaffolding*

"What the hell was that, what's going on here!?"
Mon 26/11/01 at 22:46
Bamboozled
City of Lost Souls
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:17
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Cooky wrote:
> The_Vottanator wrote:
> Seven Samurai - absolutely amazingly good film with
> a really cool small,
> japanese guy who runs around throwing swords at
> people and then getting another
> one to throw at someone else. Long at 3
> hours but worth the time.

And it's also one of my favourite films of ALL
> TIME!

WATCH IT!!!!

Yep, watch it.
Mon 26/11/01 at 20:53
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
The_Vottanator wrote:
> Seven Samurai - absolutely amazingly good film with a really cool small,
> japanese guy who runs around throwing swords at people and then getting another
> one to throw at someone else. Long at 3 hours but worth the time.

And it's also one of my favourite films of ALL TIME!

WATCH IT!!!!

:)
Mon 26/11/01 at 20:01
The Expendables- Girl power movie based on death row criminals(girls) who are chosen to go into battle to die. Hilarious cool classy and full of fighting(every kind).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.