GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend a film, go on"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/11/01 at 03:12
Regular
Ok, based on films I like and think others might enjoy,I thought I'd recommend a few a why:

Sexy Beast - Because it's the only UK gangster flick that matters since The Long Good Friday

Withnail & I - It's one the best written comedies ever, and improves with repeated viewings.

Natural Born Killers - An art film disguised as a stupid Hollywood blockbuster.

The Princess Bride - Funny, witty, clever and nice.

Heathers - Nasty, funny, dark and gleefully black hearted

Pump Up The Volume - See above reasons

City of Lost Children - A magical, surreal, perfect sci-fi/comedy/romance/horror movie. In French, but don't let that be the reason you never see this.

Spinal Tap - Rock and Roll mockumentary so funny it hurts.

---

that's it for now, I must try to sleep
Sun 25/11/01 at 03:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok, based on films I like and think others might enjoy,I thought I'd recommend a few a why:

Sexy Beast - Because it's the only UK gangster flick that matters since The Long Good Friday

Withnail & I - It's one the best written comedies ever, and improves with repeated viewings.

Natural Born Killers - An art film disguised as a stupid Hollywood blockbuster.

The Princess Bride - Funny, witty, clever and nice.

Heathers - Nasty, funny, dark and gleefully black hearted

Pump Up The Volume - See above reasons

City of Lost Children - A magical, surreal, perfect sci-fi/comedy/romance/horror movie. In French, but don't let that be the reason you never see this.

Spinal Tap - Rock and Roll mockumentary so funny it hurts.

---

that's it for now, I must try to sleep
Sun 25/11/01 at 04:59
Regular
Goatboy's mum does dallas...

No.. i was kidding, just joking, please don't use your mystical new notable powers against me... not the ugly stick... noooo... please, don't hit me with (sorry, wiv) the ugly stick any more...

I recommend;
1. Red Scorpion - much more than a poor man's arnie in a poor man's rambo 3.

2. Cube - Genius.

3. Taxi - stunning comedy for anyone who can read (the subtitles), and i'm going for the sequel - if it ever gets released - too.
Sun 25/11/01 at 09:38
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Glengarry Glenross - Because it is possibly the funniest film ever made, the acting is superb and it is probably the most quoted film in my life.

Memento - Only seen it once at the cinema (Can't wait for January 14th) but it was absolutely briliant and really clever.

Deep Rising - Purely for comical value.

Point Break - Fantastic action film which just makes you wanna do nothing for your whole life (except rob banks and surf, sky dive and all other 'radical' things). Patrick Swayze's great in it, Keanu Reeves is, as always, pathetic.

Magnolia - I only saw this the other day after having it for a while on DVD. What to say. Well, it was hilarious, the acting throughout was brilliant, the music was great and it's a film you'll want to watch again and again as I'm sure you'll always pick up on something new. Oh and there are also loads of potentially great MSN names. :-D

"I'm Frank TJ Mackey, Master of the Muffin."
Sun 25/11/01 at 09:55
Regular
1 - Dogma - No, Glengarry Glenross is not the funniest film ever, this is. Beutifully scripted, and the K Smith regulars love it.

2 - Titanic - Just kidding!

3 - Dragonheart - Possibly one of the most underestimated films ever. Great Dark Ages flick, and Sean Connery is a dragon. Superb.

4 - Armageddeon - Again, I'm having you on.

5 - Heat - You want to see the best police film ever, this is it. The pitched gunfight down a raod is a must-see. There you go Ross, I admit it. Heat rules. ;-)
Sun 25/11/01 at 10:11
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
No go on. Watch Armageddon just for the corny lines.

"Permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I've ever met."
Sun 25/11/01 at 10:25
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Fight Club. Because it's the only DVD I own.
Sun 25/11/01 at 11:15
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Amores Perros... I really cannot emphasise how important it is that you see this film.

So much so, that I am going to become a one man Amores Perros publicity machine.

Vottanator has "Heat"
Stryke has "Dogma"
and me, "They call Mr. Amores Perros Happy" (or should that be "They call me Mr. Tibbs!"

On a side note that is one of the great things about having a film buff English teacher I got to do the major piece of my English GCSE coursework on a film, "In the Heat of the Night"... another good film but avoid the follow ups.
Sun 25/11/01 at 11:15
Regular
Grosse Pointe Blank: Underachieving achieving comedy starring John Cusack and Dan Ackroyd, damn good film.

Animal House: The film that spawned a million others, this is the sort of thing they based films like American Pie and Road Trip on, damn funny film,

Porkys: Hillarious film, think American Pie with more nudity and even ruder humour.
Sun 25/11/01 at 14:29
Where do I begin?...

Memento - ruddy brilliant thriller with Mike from Neighbours and Joe Pantoliano.

Swingers - hilarious comedy with Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau. 'You're money baby, you're so money and you don't even know it'.

Way of the Gun - bloody gun movie with Ryan Philippe and the best actor ever, Benicio Del Toro. 'I'll come over there and funstart your head.'

American Beauty - a film you have to see, simply for the best performance of the century from Kevin Spacey (except, perhaps, for his performance in Seven).

Cube -my head hurts.

That should do for now.
Sun 25/11/01 at 17:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Memento...yeah..umm..

I saw this and thought it was ok. Not brilliant, just ok. It was stunning until the last 10 mins, when the scriptwriter just had a nice big plot-w*** and spoilt it.

I just wanted to know who did the wife and why.
Instead? "It wasn't even anyone, you're just mental! No, I'm lying actually, it was me. No, it was you, but you forgot. Did you forgot that I'm a cop? Except you do my dirty work, but you don't actually, beacuse you just forgot"

Bah, take you surprise endings and shove 'em somewhere warm.

Mike from Neighbours was exceptional though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.