GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evolution Soccer"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/11/01 at 16:55
Regular
For those of you that have got the game, is it really as good as everyone says it is and would you recommend it?
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:32
Regular
"You Bum!!"
On Pro Evo Soccer he goes "The crowd are really getting into this game. Here comes the mexican Wave" and 5 minutes later "The audience (audience??)are really losing interest in this game"
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:30
ne1 heard "..away goals are worth double.." when u r playin in a league game!!??
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:28
I remember the N64 version, as i was running down the wing when I heard
"That must be a penalty" also classics such as
"What do you think of... BRAZIL..?"
"They need to settle down and start playing" When you are 10-0 up!
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:22
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Nick1 wrote:
> So what are the main differences that seperate Iss (PS2) & PES?

Well, Pro Evo Soccer has got that flow to it. It really shows how football should be played. The graphics are better, the gameplay is better, the speed is very accurate-I mean you cant break away easily with Owen and Ronaldo (who for some reason isnt in the game unless its that bold bloke on Brazils sub bench with a weird name). I personally like the game but somehow the atmosphere doesnt feel right. I mean the crowd are very good and stuff but they dont react to chances. I mean you can hit the bar and they wont react to it. They only react to goals...
And the commentary just got worse. ISS 1 commentary is like John Motson and Jim Rosenthal in comparison tho this
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:21
I heard that they made some changes from Winning Eleven 5 (the jap version)
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:19
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Nick1 wrote:
> So are the keepers a lot better and does it really take a lot of skill to
> score?

Hmmm, no I wouldnt say the keepers are brilliant. I found it quite easy to score on occasions. I would say they are about the same as in ISS1 and 2. But mind you these were my first impressions. The opposition is much smarter now though. They pass the ball very intelligently and defend well.

By the way there are 5 difficulty levels representred by stars (1 being easy and 5 being world class i presume). I am playing on 3( normal) and its still quite hard to come past their players
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:19
So what are the main differences that seperate Iss (PS2) & PES?
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:16
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yes it does so I would reccomend curling it away from the keeper
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:16
So are the keepers a lot better and does it really take a lot of skill to score?
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:13
does pressing left or right apply curl?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.