GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Ghosts""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/08/10 at 12:56
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Do you believe in ghosts?

I believe in ghosts but I'm not convinced that 'ghosts' are neccessarily the spirits of the dead.

Consider the possibility of alternate dimensions/parallel universes, or whatever you want to call them and that time is the fourth dimension, then isn't it possible for time to sometimes 'cross over' into other dimensions and that people are in fact seeing echoes in time whenever we hear about these 'ghost stories'?

Since we're on the subject, does anyone have any ghost stories of their own?
Wed 20/10/10 at 01:56
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I've "experienced" most of the phenomena mentioned in this thread. I still dont feel inclined to believe in ghosts or any related stuff though.
Tue 19/10/10 at 22:24
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Interesting stuff! I think if I were to witness that in my room, I would be rather nervous about sleeping in there!

I've had some strange stuff in my uni room since I have been here - a door opening from slam shut, the extractor fan (which you have to turn on/off at the mains) has turned on and off several times by itself.

@Pete, each person is entitled to their own views on the subject, so don't worry about being skeptical. It's nice to have a balance of views. It's very unlikely any major breakthrough will be really made in my lifetime (as in breakthrough for both sides of the fence). I would say that if you have seen a few of the things I have, then you may be like me and sit on the fence about the whole thing!
Tue 19/10/10 at 22:17
Regular
"I like turtles"
Still very sceptical TBH,be interested to see something that made me think otherwise.Hasn't happened yet though.
Tue 19/10/10 at 17:20
Regular
"Monochromatic"
HM wrote:
Thanks for sharing the experiences though Nin. Has it prompted you to look into it more or have you just accepted it happening and forgetting about it?

It's just one of those things. I'm not too bothered.

Before I revealed to my flatmates (literally Sunday night was when I told them that I was interested in the paranormal - linked them to my closing site etc), three different members of the flat claim to have had dark shadowy figures above them in their rooms.

In the previous house 3 of us had experience of the same woman. In my case, she was standing over my bed with her dog under her arm. My mum and her partner had been aware of being watched while they were gardening. She also had a thing for Roy Orbison because as soon as I put him on, a fairly strong smell went through the room.
In this place, it was the dark thing. My eyes were fairly bleary but it actually looked like Smokey from Lost, albeit much smaller naturally :) It zipped off pretty quickly once I saw it.
Tue 19/10/10 at 17:03
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Nin wrote:
I'm actually caught in the middle of this argument. I've always been a sceptic but I've seen far too much to really be able to argue with conviction anymore.

It is a tough decision to call when experiences get involved. Scientifically, some things are hard to explain, but as pb has pointed out throughout our discussions, our science knowledge is currently not good enough to explain events.

Thanks for sharing the experiences though Nin. Has it prompted you to look into it more or have you just accepted it happening and forgetting about it?

Before I revealed to my flatmates (literally Sunday night was when I told them that I was interested in the paranormal - linked them to my closing site etc), three different members of the flat claim to have had dark shadowy figures above them in their rooms.

Despite their insistence of being able to move throughout, I still have put it down to sleep paralysis of some extent (and due to the people they are, usually large amounts of alcohol have been consumed prior to sleeping). I think it's odd that three separate events have happened in the same building. Only looking at it, if they've been to the same places/drank similar things, it could be down to that. Who knows. My eyes are peeled!

[S]*if you have an hour or more to kill, I watched this video yesterday. Assuming everything is as it is reported, it makes for one scary viewing. I remember watching it when I was younger and helped spur my interest! An Unknown Encounter
Tue 19/10/10 at 15:51
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'm actually caught in the middle of this argument. I've always been a sceptic but I've seen far too much to really be able to argue with conviction anymore.
On 2 separate occasions I've woken up with something standing over me, the first time was years ago. I was at home and just assumed it was mum tidying up, the 2nd time was a couple of weeks ago and considering I now live alone I'm struggling to explain that one. I actually thought I was at home for a moment and told them to go away, then I twigged that I wasn't at home. I haven't jumped out of bed that fast in 15 years :D
Mon 18/10/10 at 08:35
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
This has turned into a well deserved GAD prize thread...it's a thread that "keeps coming back to haunt us".

The split between believing and not is there. The only way either side will concede if there is absolute proof one way or another (or proof enough to convince). As that is very unlikely to happen in the near future, we're all going to have to agree to disagree :)
Fri 15/10/10 at 13:12
Regular
umm i dont really belive in godts coz i never saw one..lol
Thu 14/10/10 at 20:55
Regular
"Anyone but that one"
Garin wrote:
You're crazy.

*Runs around screaming at everyone before sitting down in his corner and ripping up paper*

Nice to meet you ;)
Thu 14/10/10 at 20:04
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
You're crazy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.