GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Football Thread (Fantasy League & Accumulators)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/07/10 at 15:29
Regular
"THFC"
Something like this was run over the World Cup here, but this is for the Premier League this season!

go to;
Fantasy Football

Create a team (you can change it about as much as possible before the first deadline)
Once you have your team then on the right hand side, choose leagues.

Join a league with this code;
428455-106429

There is also a Head to Head league, please join both;
248099-137880

This is the Freeola League.

Simple to do and should provide some friendly competition. The only real rules you need to know are that you can only have 3 players from any one team and you can make one free transfer a week, if you want to make more it will cost you 4 points per transfer!

Have fun and look forward to seeing you on there

THE ACCUMULATOR LEAGUE

Emmie87 - 19
Ineedsleep - 17
McLong - 15
Dav2612 - 14
HighflyerVII - 12
Butch - 8
Sonic Chris - 5
Jubbamhc - 3
PaveyMUFC - 1
Page:
Sun 14/11/10 at 13:51
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
So would I, and many others. Going through a rough patch at the moment, but I won't turn on him. Nor would a lot of Chelsea fans I happen to know. Doesn't mean that some won't though.

Look at Robert Huth actually. He was rubbish, but we all cheered him still (although he quoted when he left we boo'd him, it was quickly explained that 40000 chanting Huth! Hooooooooooth sounds pretty similar to boo ;) )
Sun 14/11/10 at 13:04
Regular
"How Ironic"
Of course it's Liverpool's fault, but it's not the fans fault. Fans are obviously going to adore player's one week and turn on them the next, I defy you to tell me fans who don't. Look at Rooney, he's an idle one minute, next he's got fans outside his house threatening him.

To be fair, I'd rate Drogba as one of, if not, the best striker in the premiership :P
Sun 14/11/10 at 11:38
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It's Liverpool's fault, no one else's. If they wanted a player for value they wouldn't have bought Torres. The most valuable players (and recognised) are rarely the week in week out players. (Giggs aside maybe)

They have one prolific game and catch the media eye, then play really well 50% of the time. That's how football works. How it's always worked, and how it will always work. (Rooney worth 200k a week anyone?)

To give an example, Drogba, Rooney, Torres all massive names in football. But do any of them do better at what they are suppoed to than Makelele did when he was at his peak (WI, WO)? I failed to see one poor game, but was he ever on rooney money or player of the year?
Sun 14/11/10 at 01:23
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'm not suggesting that his form is his choice at all. What I am suggesting is that the money he gets payed should equal the amount he puts into the team. Yes, on occasion he plays world class football, but for alot of the time, particularly when we need him most, Torres is out of it. For example, a player like Crouch scores for Tottenham consistently, and performs the same near enough every game. Now Crouch is on far less than Torres, is valued less than Torres, and is held in lower regard to Torres. The only thing that puts Torres above Crouch is Torres' occasional skill that suggests he has the potential to do more.

The problem is you can't say "Well Torres would score if he was on form", you can only go on what you see. What I'm seeing? Crouch still putting goals away, and Torres drifting in and out of form. That is why I undervalue Torres, and why alot of fans complain about Torres' performances.
Sun 14/11/10 at 00:57
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Sonic Chris wrote:
Are you saying Torres should be allowed to be off-form for weeks/months, and still get payed ludicrous wages?

Yes, because that's the way football works. If Liverpool wanted it to be different they should have given him a pay by performance contract. You seem to be under the impression that poor form is a choice.
Sun 14/11/10 at 00:40
Regular
"How Ironic"
Are you saying Torres should be allowed to be off-form for weeks/months, and still get payed ludicrous wages? Strange logic considering that there are many other talented strikers who can perform consistently on the same, even fewer, wages. It's a rough world football, performance is expected every week, if you can't perform, then you'll be chucked, simple as.
Sat 13/11/10 at 20:20
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Sonic Chris wrote:
People aren't blaming Torres for Liverpool's losses. Torres had an incredibly poor start to the season, and for a player that gets payed so much and given so much recognition, it's only natural for fans to get angry.

And it's ludicrous to think that just because you pay him a lot, he can't lose his form. As I've said, the way the fans so quickly turned on him was unbelievably disloyal and if I was him, I would be wanting to leave in January.
Sat 13/11/10 at 19:22
Regular
"How Ironic"
Butch wrote:
Don't worry Nin, they will no doubt pop up again once 'Pool lose once more.

People aren't blaming Torres for Liverpool's losses. Torres had an incredibly poor start to the season, and for a player that gets payed so much and given so much recognition, it's only natural for fans to get angry.
Sat 13/11/10 at 18:27
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Ineedsleep wrote:
Well I just dashed in here, panicing, and without reason it seems :)

Plus I dump Bale out of my FF team and NOW he decides to start playing again? :(

C'est la vie INS :¬)
Sat 13/11/10 at 16:40
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Well I just dashed in here, panicing, and without reason it seems :)

Plus I dump Bale out of my FF team and NOW he decides to start playing again? :(
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.